Anonymous
Years ago

Woodville trials

Having been a member of Woodville Basketball Club for only a short time (3 or 4 years) I can only pass on my feelings for this wonderful club. The warmth and feeling of belonging they show is something other clubs can only hope for. Woodville is holding their trials on Sunday the 20th from 8-30am to 2-30pm and Sunday the 27th again from8-30am to 2-30pm. I urge all players that are interested in either furthering their basketball careers or stating a new one to come along and try out for all grades. It is a fun club to be part of and one that offers any player that wants to succeed the opportunity to do so. Times for various age groups will be pasted soon.

Topic #7999 | Report this topic

The Awnser  
Years ago

im not having a go at your club,but I think alot of clubs are just like Woodville,in the way they make you feel welcomed and embraced.Ive been to two clubs and both of them are very similar.

Reply #89535 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

So 7999, I assume you have played for ALL the other Clubs as well:-

The warmth and feeling of belonging they show is something other clubs can only hope for.

Or else how could you possibly make such a claim.

Club pride is great, but lets not fall into broard generalisations with little or no basis of first hand knowledge or fact.

Reply #89548 | Report this post

there are a few good people there - but their treatment of people i know has been woeful

whilst they may be freindly (or desperate) they pride themselves on a working "every persons club" philosophy.

this proved to be false

they shafted my freind who did a lot of work - no thank you or anything - just do what we say and when they were not interested they just back slapped committee members

time will tell about the club - but what goes around comes around - and it is interesting that a lot leave teh worriers but not too many go to the worriers

not everyone was this way - but if it was my business - there would be a few without jobs for sure

Reply #89554 | Report this post

"I can only pass on my feelings for this wonderful club. The warmth and feeling of belonging they show is something other clubs can only hope for.... "

go to a church

you belong only because there is nobody to take your place at the club!

Reply #89555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guess who's kid didnt get to start in Div 1?

Reply #89558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are a lot of people out there that are holding grudges or just like to make trouble. Woodville is a great club to be part of. If you have a good work ethos and the will to succeed you will be given every opportunity to do so. Come to the trials and see for yourselves. Some of the teams are a little short of players and so an opportunity is there to show what you have got and I am sure you will get a fair go.

Reply #89566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please let's not get into club bashing. This is just an opportunity for clubs to let people know when their trials are. Give all clubs the chance to do this without getting stuck into them.

Reply #89570 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As above - plus, bagging a club in their trial announcement thread will get you deleted and/or blocked. If you want to have a whinge, talk to the club in question privately or in a more appropriate thread.

Reply #89572 | Report this post

Wheellee  
Years ago

I don't ofen go on this sight but when i do i remember how many so called grown ups involved in junior basketball apear to be there for there own glory and forget about the kids , who cares if they play div 1 or div 5 or in what club they play for as long as they are haveing fun and learning about the game and good sports manship .

Reply #89596 | Report this post

anomymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately ask all the excellent juniors that have left woodville not for their parents' glory but for other specific reasons

Reply #89611 | Report this post

Wheellee  
Years ago

are u the specific reason Mr. anomymous !!

Reply #89616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There has been some good players go from Woodville and West in the past year. The reason for this is that Western magic was founded. Some of the really good now under 20s wanted to be part of this exciting time with Magic. Some younger players left for the same reason. Please do not come onto this thread and try to run clubs down. The opportunity is there at Woodville for any young player to try out for Woodville and to play in a club that is interested in their well being and future development. This is no different to many other clubs so please no more negatives. If kids want to try out for Woodville they would be welcomed and be given a chance to play at the highest level they want to strive for.

Reply #89631 | Report this post

Wheellee  
Years ago

practice what u preach and i don't have any kids that play basketball and also i am not runing any clubs down i have friends in most clubs and will suport any kid in any club because i am for basketball not myself so read what i write not what you want to

Reply #89644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wheellee what's your problem. Sounds like you should get off the caffeine and chill a bit. Practice what you preach????????

Reply #89646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

basically this is a thread trying to promote woodville and basketball in general and why do people feel the need to run down other clubs. ofcourse woodville is going to try and advertise there club in a positive light. so can we keep this thread for those people who have queries on the trials specifically

Reply #89656 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754