Isaac
Years ago

West vs Southern, one win each

West women won 70-52 thanks to 23, 6 and 7 from Sam Woosnam (on only 5/9 from the field, including 4/5 3P and 9/10 FT - good form continues for the Lightning captain) and 18 (9/10 FG) from Kerrin Truslove. Lamshed was 4/9 from three for 12 points and had 7 assists.

Nerrida Cooper from Southern had little luck with 0/10 from the field, while Olivia Warnes (10 points), Tracey Beatty (13 and 9) and Leah Cannon (11, with 3/6 threes) furthered Southern's case.

The result went the other way in the second game, Southern putting up a 65-42 second half to win 108-89. Tristan Braithwaite went for 45 in 45 minutes (16/26 FG, 5/9 threes, 8/11 FT), while the Hodges combined for 32 and three rebounds (Tigers got drilled on the boards because they shot at a very good 60.3%, including 66.7% from three and 81.8% from the stripe - would have to be close to the best shooting performance this season?).

Top for West was Chris Molitor (is this his rookie season?) with 23 and 7 (10/15 FG, 3/4 threes). Daniel Phillips bagged 21 (4/9 threes) and Rory Craddock had 13.

Topic #8002 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone from the Bearcats care to play some defense this season? They have given up 43 to Krause, 42 to Scanlon and now 45 to Braithwaite.

On the plus side Molitor seems to be going well in his first ABA season. I'm sure he'll be college bound in no time (Div 1?) with performances like that.

Reply #89507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Braithwaite 45 points! Thats two 40 plus point games for this young man. Look out

Reply #89598 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

yeah i think he is gonna be a very good player in the future.

Reply #89614 | Report this post

MIP  
Years ago

Braithwaite would have to be considered one of the most improved this season.
Considering he started on the bench for the first 5 games, since then he has been a scoring machine.
Who else has improved this much to have an impact at ABA level?

I know it was against one of the bottom teams but still, 45 is 45.
He dropped 20 points in the third qtr alone.

Reply #89615 | Report this post

rabbit  
Years ago

i dont think there is any doubt that braithwaite is most improved. Name 1 player that is even close to improving that much. on molitor, he certainly has a good game, and if he could add a bit more to his inside game, he could be even better, the guy is 17.....very promising!!

Reply #89624 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:16 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754