Froggy
Years ago

Can we expect fees to drop/freeze now?

Now that Basa has it's debt written off by the government, do we see a reduction in the fees to play social and district? $9.50 and $9 is so out of step with other sports, either it goes down or there is a freeze on fees for 5 years for the cpi etc to catch up. There's no reason for it to cost this much anymore, the refs should get a bit more now and maybe the stadiums can actually get fixed up a bit but this can all be done on $7.50 or so.

Topic #8031 | Report this topic

thomo  
Years ago

i wish i could play indoor cricket for $7.50 weve been $9.50 for years now

Reply #89805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when was the last time anything money wise went down ! dont be surprised if it goes up - with tehcost of fuel - expect an inflation hike very soon

Reply #89843 | Report this post

Wazza  
Years ago

Why should there be a drop. I equate playing sport as an equal to joining a gym. It costs $$$.

Reply #89844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wazza,

what you do not realise is the total cost of playing this sport. Unlike a Gym, where you can pay for each visit or pay an annual fee, not only do the players pay each game, spectators (Parents) are slugged each week as well. Add this to the cost of uniforms and annual club fees you will then understand why people want the weekly fee to be reduced.

The total cost is very prohibitive for many families.

Reply #89851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hear hear annonymous 89851.

Considering they raised the price to $9.50 without any warning (which was at least a $1.50 hike from memory?), I reckon they should drop the price without any warning as well! But I won't be holding my breath...

At least drop the price for spectators, these fees are a farce and discourage grandparents and other supporters from getting to a game. People shouldn't have to pay to watch anything below Div 1.

It would be interesting to see if other sports force their spectators to pay an entry fee. Can anyone help on this one?

Reply #89874 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

What has the cost of fuel got to do with a price rise? Don't the players drive there, not the stadium drive to them?

Reply #89990 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:25 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754