Isaac
Years ago

Funny Basketball SA unites elements

Basketball SA is the new BASA, created to combine metropolitan and country clubs as well as church associations. It will be headed by Bruce Spangler, as well as Greg May, David Spear and Leeanne Grantham.

More from The Advertiser

The new system - the brainchild of Government-appointed sports administrator and former AFL chief executive officer Wayne Jackson - brings all of the sport's disparate elements under one umbrella.

"I'm really pleased with the result," he said yesterday. "Basketball in the state will be under one umbrella and can take a collective voice to the Sports Commission or Department of Recreation and Sport."
A step forward?

Topic #8041 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent. All parties are true independents, have the best interests of the overall state at heart and have the level of business acumen and intestinal fortitude to be good strong leaders, making smart decisions.

EXCITING, CHALLENGING TIMES AHEAD

Reply #89878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For a lot of people this is as important or more so then the sales.

Definately a good thing and long overdue.

Exciting times ahead!

Reply #89879 | Report this post

JS  
Years ago

this all ok until one of the groups decide they want to go their own way and pull out.

I would question whether D Spear is independant i would suggest he has close ties to West Adelaide.

Reply #89910 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Speary also has close ties to his mum and dad, but this does not stop him from being a good parent.
I am sure his decisions will have the best interests of ALL clubs at heart, not just West.

Reply #89934 | Report this post

Anthonyb  
Years ago

I think that the threads on Foley's comment on administration and the response about country basketball being OK and the comments about all clubs having their debts cleared and further comments about certain clubs shows that we are in need of an independent overarching body, or as independent as you can get in SA.

Reply #89966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happens if the club presidents don't agree?

Reply #89977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tough!

Reply #89986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

has there been a new constitution written?

Reply #89993 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:45 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754