Anonymous
Years ago

Was the Dome sold without restrictions?

So can they have concerts there now?

Topic #8048 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to Foley on 5AA this morning that is correct, but as he said it isnt really accoustically degsined for it, but I am sure it would work.

Reply #89908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will that mean it will finally get a decent sound system there?

Reply #89911 | Report this post

Wazza  
Years ago

End of the day it would make a great indoor concert hall for crappy bands that only sound good when there's heaps of distortion or reverb.

reminds me of the Peter Jackson in down town Salisbury! Great place for live bands (and moccasins).

Reply #89921 | Report this post

Simon  
Years ago

I guess it will be renamed the ABC Learning Dome? Will the bad publicity that ABC has been getting be good for SA Basketball?

Reply #89930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simon,

What bad publicity would that be? Our kids have just changed to one of their new centres and we could not be happier. Unfortunately there is that tall poppy syndrome and people don't like the fact that Eddy is growing at a huge rate. If he swallows up the competition along the way, so be it!

Reply #89946 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Wazza you obviously are the proud owner of a bullet proof vest and related accesories

Reply #89949 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Would make great Disney on Ice productions with the ice rink set up on the centre court. Only in the off season though if the Sixers are to continue playing there.

Reply #89969 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Watch Eddy put $$ in and make the Dome a sensational venue for all activities. This is a great move.

Reply #89970 | Report this post

Wazza  
Years ago

I told you so. It will be hosting other (non-profitable and non-basketball) events to help the owners pay the bills.

Its a win win. Cocnerts at the Dome and basketball heads back to Apollo stadium (or the streets where it once stood.) Tee Hee.

Reply #90075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Concerts hey.
That works for the juniors, how can you program games on Friday and Saturday with concerts coming onto the Calander, I would guess that you would need a few days to set the dome up for a concert, you would want to hod 8-12 a year to pay the bills, thats the winter season for juniors not available.
If the restrictions are lifted and the new owners are going to hold concerts, BSA had better start looking for 3 new courts now. And that is not even mentioning what it will do to Woodville.
A good deal for the 6ers, a disaster for junior ball

Reply #90202 | Report this post

Wazza  
Years ago

I look at it this way. AAMI Stadium, Hindmarsh stadium and Adelaide Oval are our premier sports venues. Its not the place for juniors top play.

Under the former BASA YOU all had the luxury of an A-grade facility that was paid by ME and other taxpayers who never use the place.

Concerts? Why not. I am sure taht the new owner will make it earn dollars that junior basketball could not provide.

Reply #90652 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:35 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754