Michael
Years ago

How will it all work?

Amidst the concerns and hopes for the future, I would like to ask a couple of questions to perhaps resolve some things that seem unclear from the reporting&

1. What is the actual and or proposed relationship between BSA and the owners of the 36ers, Lightning and Dome?

2. What is the intended relationship between BSA and BASA and how is that being managed or structured?

3. How is BSA seen to able to be 'representative' and 'independent' at the same time  this seems to be an oxymoron, given that the factional structure of the sport has been a major contributor to the current circumstances?

4. Would MVP or any other party for the matter need to go through either BSA or BASA to seek a second license of could they just go direct to the NBL?

5. Will the 36ers and Lightning have any association with BASA as the grass roots manager of the sport?

Thanks

Topic #8069 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

My understanding is that BASA is no more and it is now BSA - as for the releationship between the 36ers, lightning and BSA that is entirely up to the new owners - both clubs are now privately owned.

One would think that anyone considering a new team in the NBL wouldnt need any sort of approval from the local/state organisation.

However I'm sure most clubs look more and more at the local scene for supporters and thus promote/help out in one way or another.

Quick examples - Lindsay Gaze, obviously very much involved in Basketball Victoria
Dragons - getting out to alot of local clubs and promoting strong.

Reply #90132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sure interests would have to be there, for both teams, and owners not losing sight of the grass roots.

Vince Marino for a start has junior Basketball very close to his heart.

Reply #90142 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754