Anonymous
Years ago

Bruce Carter on ABC Radio tomorrow (Friday) 8.30am

891 AM, should be interesting.

Topic #8074 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

You can access audio downloads of ABC Radio's basketball-related news this week at the ABC Adelaide Mornings site.

Reply #90211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruce was like a Deer stuck in headlights.

Asked whether a Gold Coast team will be coming in next year and also a bunch of new Asian teams, he said that is private info to the NBL. That was the interviewers point, that Mal had that info.

Reply #90213 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

he said though that the concert restrictions where still in place but it was the new owners right to take a 6-12 month process to have that over turned.

Reply #90215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am guessing it wouldn't be hard for them to do that, it would take just one call. A Certain City's Council's CEO to the CEO of Charles Sturt Council.

Reply #90216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For god sakes, just move on. The deal has been done, lets start trying to get Basketball to the top again.

Reply #90217 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Does anyone on here actually have an issue with Concerts perhaps being staged at the dome?

At the very least it would mean that the sound system would be updated finally.

Reply #90220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the residents near the dome are the ones with the issue.

Reply #90222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any concerts at the dome will bring their own pa gear in. Have you ever seen the pa at thebarton theatre there isnt one until a band comes in. Same at the tennis centre when the Magic/Giants used to play there, they had a fairly small PA but when concerts come that gets pulled out and replaced with a concert PA.

A concert PA is much bigger than the PA we need at the Dome. And the concert PA will be at the sides of the stage not setup in the middle of the crowd.

Reply #90228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any concerts at the dome will bring their own pa gear in. Have you ever seen the pa at thebarton theatre there isnt one until a band comes in. Same at the tennis centre when the Magic/Giants used to play there, they had a fairly small PA but when concerts come that gets pulled out and replaced with a concert PA.

A concert PA is much bigger than the PA we need at the Dome. And the concert PA will be at the sides of the stage not setup in the middle of the crowd.

Reply #90234 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

As a local resident of the Dome, I wouldnt have issues with concerts there.

All this whining and squealing about the process, the buyers etc, really has me intrigued...what do people have against a storied successful businessman who has presided over some the best run events (recognised internationall as such!!) as owner of the club, and a proven businessman owning the Dome?

The only people I could imagine who may feel they have a grievance against the issue would be Peregrine Corp and MVP, as the other bidders (the Lewis family too I guess).

I would suspect that none of the people FORMALLY affiliated with any of these organisations would stoop to whine anonymously on a basketball forum, I beleive they all have much more class than that.

The one thing no one has ever raised - if MVP had been successful, wouldn't there be a MASSIVE conflict of interest with the fact MVP are the managing agents for several NBL players - how can an owner of a team also be the player manager...do they negotiate with themselves? And how would the players best interests be protected? Not accusing anyone of anything, just a question.

Reply #90263 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

I don't have any issues with concerts at the Dome, in fact have always been in favour as per the original business plan and the Govt funding agreement.

What I do find interesting though is that it now looks like they will be approved going forward.

Interesting to say the least.

Reply #90306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yogee,
Your such a tool!
In the same way Mal Hemmerling is standing down as Chairman of the NBL to avoid his MASSIVE conflict of interest, I'm sure Paul Bell would of done the same with his player agency of Maher, Cattalini, Ingles, Forman etc.
So please stop being a shit stirrer if that is your intention.
And no, I am not Paul Bell!

Reply #90395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like Justin Scheuller. Why don't you guys grow up and move on.

Reply #90419 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I was not intending to stir anything - was purely a question that had popped into my head, and thought it was valid to ask - and as I said I was NOT ACCUSING ANYONE OF ANYTHING.

At least I have the balls to put my name to my posts, unlike yourself. Yet YOU have the hide to call me a tool.

In fact, I also stated in my post that I dont beleive anyone involved with MVP, Peregrine etc would be the people involved in the posts denigrating Hemmerling, Cutler, Groves et al....but hey I guess some people see my name read a post and twist it so they can just change it into an attack on me...forget the fact I quite clearly stated my intentions, and the fact I quite clearly stated I was not out to accuse anyone of anything.

People who live in glass houses shouldnt be calling other people tools......

Reply #90423 | Report this post

ali  
Years ago

Reply #130086 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:40 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754