Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Basketballers as politicians

In a week where local basketball has mixed freely with politics, comes news of Charles Barkley wanting to enter public life.

Which got me to thinking: which past or present Aussie hoopsters would make good politicians?

The obvious answer is A. Gaze - intelligent, well-spoken and universally liked.

But I thought someone else I'd like to see is Darnell Mee, once he gets naturalised. Can you just imagine him in Parliament, wearing a spiffy suit, and shooting that death stare at anyone who dares question anything he says or does? I'd vote for him.

Who else is there?

Topic #8083 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Paul Rees.

Reply #90299 | Report this post

x's and o's  
Years ago

Scott whitmore

Reply #90300 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Dixy 4 PM!

Reply #90309 | Report this post

TG  
Years ago

Shane Heal. Everyone hates him now already, perfect fit for Politics!

Reply #90312 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wasteful spending would be impossible with Reesy in government.

Basketballs and politicians together in a thread. Assist Bo, slam dunk Manute. Should've seen that one coming...

Reply #90314 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

If Heal is in TG, then we need to get Mr Sheen (oops sorry I mean J.Howard) to run the point for the Dragons.......

Reply #90315 | Report this post

TG  
Years ago

Hey, don't discount Johnnies fitness....the way he power walks around in the Aussie tracksuit each morning, he might just handle the point okay!!

Just imagine Heal talking trash with Pete Costello, Big Kim and others...he'd be suited to it I think!!

When you said Mr Sheen, I thought you mean Barry Barnes at first!! Couldn't imagine him in politics...

Reply #90318 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Butch Hayes

Reply #90319 | Report this post

TG  
Years ago

Hey, don't discount Johnnies fitness....the way he power walks around in the Aussie tracksuit each morning, he might just handle the point okay!!

Just imagine Heal talking trash with Pete Costello, Big Kim and others...he'd be suited to it I think!!

When you said Mr Sheen, I thought you meant Barry Barnes at first!! Couldn't imagine him in politics...

Reply #90320 | Report this post

SJB  
Years ago

"The obvious answer is A. Gaze - intelligent, well-spoken and universally liked."

Intelligent - yes.
Well-spoken - certainly
Universally liked - no doubt.

Agreed Bo Hamburger, but I would have thought this would make him the absolute least likely candidate to enter or succeed in the political game, especially the "universally liked" one.

Reply #90426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754