Austin Smylie (Sturt Sabres) 24 points

Photos are now online at

www.damrob.com.au

or direct link
http://www.damrob.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=16343

Topic #8098 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Possibly the first game this season in which a Sturt crowd has been louder than their oppoosition. Good support, especially for Ng and Smylie.

If it was Thur and Baylis' last games, then Thur might've wanted a better send off than leaving the court to complete silence after being ejected for a second unsportsmanlike - he whacked Ng four times and was lucky to be only called for a couple of them - I'm not going to make any South fans by saying this, but it was the ugliest play I've seen this year. And without that, he might've been better received - second best scorer for South with 12 on 5/6 shooting.

Scanlon was good as usual and tagged Ng well all night but he was just too hard to stop. I wondered if the result may have been an indication of post-season medal voting - e.g., Scanlon great (36 points at around 50%), Ng just a notch above?

Reply #90432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You missed a perfect photo opportunity when Panther took the towel from the floor wiper and wiped the floor for him :P

Reply #90434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scott Thur - showed his class and dignity in his last game - what a way to go out. Couldn't be any more of a fitting tribute

Reply #90436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it just cements the rot that will now happen at South, they are in deep trouble next year in the mens group

Reply #90440 | Report this post

annoymous  
Years ago

how many girls will leave south.

Reply #90443 | Report this post

neutral  
Years ago

Sturt had good support... whatever!
There were about 5 Sturt supporters in the corner of the stadium...

Reply #90447 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Applied Maths in Year 12 I take it? Sturt ABL crowds are notoriously quiet, so a comparably good amount of support (one corner and along the back of the bench) is better than usual.

It also beats the deathly silence that met the departure of a Panther veteran which was a surprise.

Reply #90452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunate indictment on the state of the game in this state!

Reply #90507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac - I clapped when Baylis left - but I am a sturt supported and was clapping because he should have been thrown out after the first quarter!

Reply #90514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oops I ment Thur...

Reply #90515 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

just for the record boti, it was panther who fouled Ng with 1.9secs left in the game sat night!!

Reply #90544 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

Ng was awesome sat night too..definitely woolacott favourite.

Reply #90547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't think it was possible for Thur's head to squeeze out the door it was that inflated

Reply #90636 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:52 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754