TR
Years ago

Magloire Traded

The Bucks and Blazers have agreed to a trade. Not made offical yet due to the NBA office being closed for the weekend.

Blazers get Magloire and the Bucks get a PG in Blake, powerforward in Skinner (3rd time with the Bucks) and the freak uglier than Sam Cassell, Ha. Basically it was a Mags for Blake trade. Ha will probably get waived, and Skinner will grow splinters.

Bit of a weird trade all round considering the Bucks already had Mo and Bell at the 1, and the Blazer have Raef and Priz at the 5.

At least the trade opens the door for Bogut to play at the 5 and get the majority of minutes.

Topic #8099 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

dumb trade for both teams but good for bogut

Reply #90441 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

That will give the Bucks a very young front court and in my opinion that is a very good move for this organization.

C: Bogut
PF: Villanueva
SF: Simmons
SG: Redd
PG: Bell

Expect Andrew Bogut number to go over 15 points and 10 rebounds a game now.

Reply #90442 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think there will be one more trade for the Bucks and Harris will be moving Mo or Bell. I'm picking Mo. The Bucks are still weak at the 2 and 3 after Redd and Bobby.

I think Blake will start at the 1.

Overall I like the trade, from a Bucks angle they got shagged senseless as far a talent goes, but teams are never going to give up talent for a one year rental. They were toying with Murphy from the Warriors, but the remaining $50 million on his contract is scary considering both Bogut and Charlie and going to have to be resigned in the same year.

Reply #90445 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah that trade seems stupid imo, they should have tried to get outlaw at least.

Reply #90446 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

I wouldnt call it a dumb trade, especially on portlands behalf. They have more point gaurds than they know what to do with since they're toying with the idea of Roy at the 1, and with a very young team and no decent players at the 5, a veteran big man with possible double double capabilities could be a huge asset.

Reply #90459 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I find this deal more bizarre for the Blazers who already had Pryzbilla (resigned him earlier in the month) and Raef at the 5. Plus they picked Aldridge in the draft.

Pryz resigned with the Blazers for 5 years and $32 million which is probably below starting centre coin.

Last year Pryz had a pretty good seasons with around 6.0ppg, over 2bpg, and 7 rpg. Ok, not superstar numbers but not to shabby when you compare him with Mags who averaged 9ppg, 9rbs and less than 1 block per game. I'm willing to trade 1 basket, and 2 rebounds for more blocked shots, and Pryz is a much better shooter.

I'm more of a fan of this trade for the Bucks. Moving Mags gives Bogut more space and minutes, but on the other hand, I can see Bogut getting banged around a lot more. Mags was an enforcer at 120kg and 6'11 and protected Bogut a bit on the glass. Who replaces that protection now that Bogut is going to be expect to be the major glasseater.

Reply #90489 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754