King of the jungle
Years ago

NH - Lions eBay: Bikes and a fish aquarium

Hi,
Central Districts Lions Basketball club are currently selling some bikes and a fish aquarium on EBAY. Check them out here:

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZcentralslionsQQhtZ-1

Topic #8117 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

have they got any VCR's or mobile phones they're going to put on e-bay?

Reply #90612 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hello flamewar. That's just harsh.

Reply #90613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

90612, brilliant! - Original, smart and not to mention very funny. I am glad you take the time to put up such good comments in what must be a an extremely busy life you have.

Keep the good work.

Reply #90618 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

I say well done to centrals but why do they keep selling all this stuff?do they not fundraise like all the other clubs.e.g raffles or chocolates?

Reply #90779 | Report this post

aussie  
Years ago

Yes they do (and are currently selling chocolates) but dont you get sick of being asked by everyone if you would like to buy a chocolate etc. It is something different and well you dont know if something will work unless you try something different.
So does anyone want to buy a freddo frog or caramello bear :)

Reply #90786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Awnser,

Just showing you lack of knowledge again. Haveing 18 team fund raise does not make as much money as 45 teams like some other clubs have.

Plus they have high court hire for their teams. As well as having the difficulty of organising 2 teams to train together thus shareing the expence.

Reply #90788 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

hey dont get all up in a knot, i did say "well done"i was just interested in what was there other fundraising avenues! I agree,that its a good idea,try and get some more people and there companies behind your club.

Reply #90793 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Is selling stuff on Ebay not fundraising?

Reply #90853 | Report this post

Hi,

Thanks for your questions.

Its true this is an unusual form of fundraising. The Lions are developing many creative and new opportunities both on and off the court to consistently improve our club.

The results of the hard work are showing and we look forward to your continued interest in the club.

All the best to Chris Clausen, who is of to College in a couple of weeks. Chris is one of the most outstanding young players in the state.

Reply #90858 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

hell... im surprised no one tried this for fundraising before centrals, ebay is the place to be... so much money to be made on there aslong as you got decent sellable goods.

Reply #92397 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Ricey

you mean 'movable' like mobiles, cameras and VCRs.....

Reply #92407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754