Anonymous
Years ago

ACL injuries

I'm looking for some inspiration as I have torn my ACL playing basketball. I have been there and done that, having injured the other knee and going through with the reconstruction and now...the other one has decided it wants one too! I love my basketball and miss it so much already but I know if I work hard I will get there. Anyone else out there got some positive stories post injury, particularly with both knees reconstructed??

Topic #8143 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jenni Screen, Erin Seward, Nerrida Cooper, Rachael Lister, jsut to name a few, all of them have had both knees done, just look at them. Good Luck with the rehab

Reply #90909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett Maher had a full knee reconstruction at the tender age of 15.
He turned out to be a fairly decent player!!!

Reply #90912 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

If you play district ball, I'm sure if you ask around you'll find a few players in your ABL sides who have had recons (or serious injuries) and if you ask them nicely, they'll usually be happy to have a chat and give you a few kind words of encouragement. If you are not district, try asking around at your gym (or wherever you are rehabbing) and you'll find a heck of a lot of people who have been thru similar and again are willing to give words of encouragement, and wise words of advice.

Reply #90944 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

-Follow your Doctors instructions
-Keep up the rehabilitation and allow the injury to heal properly
-The next phase will be strenghtening
-Do not rush back too soon

These are all done under Doctors orders. The Dr is the one that has assessed you and is the only one that can give you permission to train/play again.

There are many success and horror stories in regards to returning from injury. The main issue is the athelete that thinks they are ready to return to sport before the injury is at full strength.

Listen to the Surgeon/Doctor.

Reply #90948 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Try and talk to Matty Clarke from Southern Tigers, he has been through this before and is also a physio so maybe be able to give you some good advice based on experience and training

Reply #90975 | Report this post

meg griffin  
Years ago

listen to your doctor is the best advice. i had mine done, and came back about 6 months early, thinking i was so good because i could do it. two weeks after i came back i did it again. same knee. about two years after i did my other knee. its something that happens. some of us just wont go through our careers without injury. but if the rehab isn't done fully there is a pretty good chance it'll happen again. but
as long as there is that fire in our bellies.... we'll keep coming back for more

Reply #91026 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:34 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754