Jonno
Years ago

Darnell Mee soon to be an aussie

hi it appears that Darnell is soon to be naturalised and the taipans look to be taking full advantage of this bly looking to sign a 2nd import.
I for one would love to see a Aussie Darnell back in the 36ers, maybe he could take Copes's spot next year???, and with his mate KB as an assistant coach with the 36ers i dont think that would hurt our chances of getting him.
Imagine a team in the future of
PG Mee
SG Maher
SF Farley
PF Horvath
C Wheeler
obviously various back court combos could be used maher could play the point, mee could play sf and farley could play sg, but yea if that was possible in the future i think it would be awesome!!

But yea im excited about this seasons line up and cant wait for the 36ers season to start, does anyone know the result of the Lincoln internal trial??? any stats taken???

Topic #8159 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jonno, admire your pasion but Darnell aint coming back in the current structure.
And if he did, why would you need Farley in the team?

Reply #91072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can he play for the Boomers? We could sure use him!

Reply #91073 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

cos Mee is a better all-round player who could play from the point the the 3 man and could rotate with hill-brett-willie so we always have a solid guiding player on the court. He is just a great player and favourite 6ers that i'm sure most would welcome him back with open arms.

Reply #91088 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea i also think willie and mee would be good on the same team and court together, as Mee could just defend as he does best and not worry about scoring as much and willie could just flat out score and not have to defend as hard, i think they would work well as a tandem, mee is also a better play maker than the others, other than maybe maher, so yea it wont happen this season but if it happened in the future id be excited to see it!

Reply #91097 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

farleys contract is up at the end of this season with an optional for next season. i think that it wouldnt work with mee and farley on the same team as they are two simalar. so if we got Mee and picked up a true SF import who is MVP calibra we could be dangerous. but its a long way off and its very unpredictible on what dirrection we will be taking with our team next year.

Reply #91098 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

i would love to see that dream-team in the future,but I highly douubt that we could accomodate for Farley and Mee.

Reply #91104 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

We'd defenitely be called the Adelaide Gramps if we were to have that team.

Reply #91126 | Report this post

h  
Years ago

Darnell Mee is good for as long as he wants to play I reckon

Reply #91147 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

he has the ability to contribute in so many ways that he could basically fill any void in a team, allowing him to play as said above for as long as he wants.

Reply #91151 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:59 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754