russel coight
Years ago

Cooper's drive - block or charge ?

In the 3rd quarter on Wednesday - Cooper made a merciless drive at the ring - and a block was called.

did you see it/ What do you think?

the breaker had 3 Fs - Feet, First and Facing.

initially i thought it was a charge - but thinking further about it - if Cooper was in the air on his final step (and that can be a big - 1 second step) - the breaker could get his 3 Fs but still be in voliation.

Nathan Wieland - what do you think - any other zebras see it ?

Your thoughts ?

Topic #816 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

I thought the defender was set, however Cooper was in the air at the time of the charge and I guess the ref went with the old 'you have to give a player room to land'.

Reply #8724 | Report this post

Time Out  
Years ago

I thought too in the air...and the other thing that a lot of referee's seem to use, is contact was not mid-line on Redhage, but more on his left shoulder.

Was borderline, but I think the right call.

Reply #8725 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

it's a good one for referee training videos - good discussion call

Reply #8726 | Report this post

I didn't see the play, but if it was shoulder contact, BLOCK. Middle of the torso contact, CHARGE. It is as easy as that. The 3 F's would normally apply but on a move to the basket, an airborn player is generally looked after.

Reply #8972 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

it looked like a block to me. i thought the defender had perfect position

Reply #9053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you thought the defender had perfect position wouldnt it be a charge ;)

I did't see it but from everyones description it sounds like a block.

Reply #9060 | Report this post

Nathan Wieland  
Years ago

Sorry, saw my name, but I can't help I didn't see the game.

Reply #9099 | Report this post

social justice  
Years ago

Hey Jirachi to quote you.... "I was under the belief that this was an opinion forum." from a different post.
If Unknown had an opinion then he/she should be allowed to write it! if you dont want to read the posts dont.

Reply #9126 | Report this post

social justice  
Years ago

Jirachi, what is your problem? Do you know who unknown is? do you know what motivates them to post? why does it bother you ? just dont read what they have to say, Unknown dosent seen to be bothering other people.

Reply #9129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the fact that unknown will post something like "i dont know" to something might bother some people because its not really something that needs to be said???? If you dont know then just dont post.

Well thats what I think not that it bothers me that much... is that what you mean Jirachi??

Reply #9130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:56 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754