hip to tha hop
Years ago

Who will be the new AIS athletes?

Seeing as the AIS are losing 5-7 players from this years squad i would like to no who some of the candidates would be for the scholarships

Leaving

Andrew Ogilvy (NSW)- Indianna University or Utah(same collage as Bogut). Foward/Center

Patrick Mills (ACT)- Utah. Point Guard

Steven Weigh (QLD)- Utah. Small foward

Joe Ingles (SA)- Southern Dragons - Small Foward

Nathan Jawai (QLD)- American Collage still undecided on which one. Center

Daniel Johnson (WA)- Being sent back home for dissapointing results. ONLY A RUMOR. Power Foward

Jadranko Jusufagic (VIC)- Being sent home for dissapointing ressults. ONLY A RUMOR. Shooting/Point Guard

The departure of DJ and JJ are not concrete and are like i said before only rumor but the previous 5(and starting 5 of the team) are all concrete and will be leaving next year.

Some Possible Replacements

Alex Gynes(Small Foward/Power Foward, NSW) - After his 18s tournament and inclusion into the Emu's squad by AIS and Emu's head coach Marty Clarke he has gotta be the most logical and obivious choice to get a scholarship. Having said that alex gynes had a very good under 16s tournament and did not make the australian camp. He is very unconventinal inhis style of play which makes him hard to guard, but at the same time his height doesnt fit the AIS and international style of big men. I still think he will be offered a scholarship though.

Cameron Witt (Small Foward/Power Foward, TAS)- Has been involved in some Emu's camps and trainings. Very athletic and unlike gynes definantly fits the international mould for the swingman/big guy position. Doesn't have the skills right now to go and make an instant impact, but has the potential to. He needs to eb hitting the weights room big time if he wants a scholarship.

Cameron Gliddon (Point Guard, WA) - Very good scorer and is a decent size for his position. His great tournament as a bottom age player in under 18s earned him a spot in the Emu's team. He i think like gynes is one of the more obivious and logical choices for a scholarship.

Taylor Goodall (Center, NSW) - A very big, big, big, big, big, big, big body. Not tall but i would say he weighs about 150 kilos almost and knows how to throw his body around. Has like Witt been involved with some Emu's training but not selected in the team. Again like gynes does not fit the mould of the perfect big man only being 6'6 or 6'7 but can really play above his height and match it with the big guys.

Zach Natoli - (Point Guard, VIC) Extremely quick. Was part of the all australian camp as a bottom age player. Is the classic Victorian MEtro player in that everything he does is text book. Very good defender not the greatest offensive player to pick from but there are plenty of scorers around him. Can be a play maker. Mills has left huge shoes to fill and they probably can't be filled by one player. I think Gliddon and Natoli will both be selected, gliddon the scorer and natoli the defensie player.

Corey Collier - (Small/Power Foward, VIC) Very dynamic player. Has a very good understandong of the game and is quite skilled. Has showed good rebounding skill and defensive efforts. Is very coachable and has a good body to work with.

Cody Ellis (Power Foward, WA) - Very raw and young. Is a bottom age player so that is attractive to the coaches. Has the genes to get to that level and has shown in his performances as a bottom age player that he has the ability.

These are only under 18s players that will prbably be at the all australian camp. If there are any good young ABA players or players that are there abouts please let me know.

Topic #8162 | Report this topic

Pacey  
Years ago

JJ is a centre not a point or shooting gaurd and went home off his own back to work out with the same guy that coached Bogut. He felt that was a beter option for him

Reply #91101 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

who, if any SA boys would be seriously considered?

Reply #91106 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

You would think it would be Dubrich and McMath. At 6ft10 and 6ft7 respectively, these young athletes will do well.

Reply #91110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dubrich aint goin anywhere from what i hear he is un coachable, if so he wont survive or be considered over there

Reply #91111 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

Ye i have played a fair bit with Matty D,in his younger days and no offence to the kid but he was not the smartest kid when it came to B-Ball,but from all reports hes been making good progress.

Reply #91122 | Report this post

hip to tha hop  
Years ago

That and the fact he isnt 6'10. He is tall but geez settle down!

Reply #91145 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

hip to tha hop, are you sure Mills is leaving? Apparently he is staying at the AIS until next year.

Reply #91152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so possibly 3 athletes going to utah next year + that luke nevil or whoever he is already there from australia...

Reply #91168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so possibly 3 athletes going to utah next year + that luke nevil or whoever he is already there from australia...

Reply #91169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #91170 | Report this post

benny_88  
Years ago

ok lets set this straight! Pat an AJ aren't leaving till worldchamps are done same with the rest off the current squad.

Joe, Nate and Steve are all leaving this year tho.

An no one is being sent home, JJ let ages ago.

As for new boys coming in it will be boys for the 2007 worldchamps team and two younger boys for the 2009 world champs team.

Hope that clears some things up!

Reply #91177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Ye i have played a fair bit with Matty D,in his younger days and no offence to the kid but he was not the smartest kid when it came to B-Ball."

Um, yeah, no offense Brad, but you are not the smartest kid when it comes to anything.

Reply #91193 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I hope no-one mentions James Pennington......

Reply #91209 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

so frigen gutless mate why dont you just leave your name,im sure id beat you 1 on 1 or at anything for that matter!

Reply #91329 | Report this post

Steve (#91193)  
Years ago

"so frigen gutless mate why dont you just leave your name,im sure id beat you 1 on 1 or at anything for that matter!"

There you go Brad, attached my name. And I doubt very much that you could beat me 1 on 1, but really I don't care if you could or not.

BTW, my earlier anon post was merely a reflection on what every other forumer here feels.

Reply #91372 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

Too right Steve (#91193)

Reply #91376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Awnser/Brad,

If a tub of lard like yourself could win a game of 1 on 1 against anybody, it might have been when you were back in U/14's.

Since then all you have done is help McY D's make a huge profit.

Reply #91397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PWNed!

Reply #91398 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

so so angry brad.....
just sit back, take a deep breath and sing to yourself.....
" I'm so happy, oh so happy"
feel better now?

Reply #91405 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754