Anonymous
Years ago

Southern V West

Southern comfortable winners against a lacklustre West Adelaide

Beatty playing with maturity, Cooper deadly, Redden, Walker & Kaesler had every answer.

Sam Woosnam unusually quiet lacked any help from her team mates who seemed to be as stagnant in offence as she was.

Southerns, team work, a very vocal and supportive bench saw them go from strength to strength and were never really bothered by West winning comfortably by around 20.

Topic #8164 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go TIGERS!!!!!!

The girls played well all game and deserved to win. Easy win by 17, never looked in doubt. Good luck to the girls for the rest of their finals campaign.

Reply #91119 | Report this post

kaiserschlauten  
Years ago

well that is an upset IMO

Reply #91124 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Upset I don't know about that. These two teams have had a great tussle all year. I believe in this season they have played 4 times now and it's 2 all. Just that Southern played better last night when it counted.

Reply #91129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was good to see some tiger supporters out there tonight at Pt. Adelaide. Some of the girls ex coaches were there as well. As in Al Green and Kaylee. Also Glenn Shaw who was over heard by the southern spectators saying that he was there to Peddle play??

Reply #91130 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

On their night, Southern are unstoppable.

Reply #91134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

peddle didn't hit court so did he watch her in warm ups?

Reply #91139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your dreaming Pickles,

Reply #91142 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Tigers played really well and if they can improve on that performence, they will be hard to beat.

Reply #91190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

for the talent west have thier season has been terrible

Reply #91201 | Report this post

dirk  
Years ago

yeah was good to see all the supporters come out and cheer on the girls!! agreed nice of al green and kaylee to show their support for the girls, and glenn was watching peddle? do what? shes been in and out all season wouldn't be suprised if she packs up and leaves!

Reply #91216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port Adelaide is 5 minutes from Glenn's house, He and his wife went to watch a finals match and it made more sense to watch the final there instead of travelling to Hillcrest. I can also assure you that Glenn has a personal policy to not recruit the same player more than once (if he asks once and they say no he believes it to be unprofessional to ask - or badger -a second time.) Glenn was not there recruiting so I think the southern supporter may have misheard any comments he made about any player

Reply #91226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#91226)

Am I wrong in believing that if a players is contracted a coach of an opposing team can not ask them to play as this is poaching?

'(if he asks once and they say no he believes it to be unprofessional to ask - or badger -a second time.)'

this would indicate that Glenn does ask

Reply #91227 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He might ask uncontracted players?

Reply #91228 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

If a player first approaches said coach then this is not poaching. Anywho, when was the last time anyone in SA was disciplined for poaching?

Reply #91229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re 91201

I think that for the talent that West had AVAILABLE then they finished about where they should have. Maybe you are referring to the talent that they missed thru injury for most of the season in Smith, Seward and Sourlatzsis

Reply #91232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

true sturty6ers but i first time i've seen a coach or someone on his behalf here readily admit he asks players to play.

Isaac it is my belief that all players on the senior list are contracted in all clubs and are contracted till the end of each season.

Obviously if a player approaches a club ....there this no loyatly anymore :'(

Reply #91236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

.... all good West juniors!

Reply #91237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac,

Contracted or not, during the season the players are on the restricted players list. This includes 17 players from each club in both the mens and womens squads.

These playes cannot "legaly" be approached and spoken too by somebody from another club. If somebody wants to speak to one of these players, they must formally write to the club and give them 14 days notice. If the player is contracted, the club can inform them of the date the contract expires.

If a player who is restricted approaches another club. That club "legally" must contact the club from which the player is from about the contact.

Of course, this is rarley followed.

And even in cases where it is not, such as Forestville approaching Neil Mottram, it is difficult to prove.

Reply #91243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What I meant was, Glenn spoke to Peddle before this ABL season and she chose not to transfer clubs. Glenn would not approach Peddle (or any player in the same situation)again with the intent of having her go to south.

Reply #91245 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There you go - my point was that #91227 was opening a bit of a jar of worms, perhaps unnecessarily.

Reply #91246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

man this convo changed quickly from where it started! lmao

Reply #91285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everybody talks to players "illegally" whether its through friends or other sources. NO club could claim they have never talk to a player outside the 14 day letter period. It goes on in every sport at every level, so to claim Glen was doing it (which I don't think he was), is jumping the gun a bit. Also what is wrong with just going out to watch games?

Reply #91289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ur all sad have something better to do with ur time

Reply #91310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would say that Bear is more likely the culprit than Glenn.

Reply #91318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754