4thSpazzy
Years ago

The flames came to play!!!

Just watched the flames hand North a B-ball lesson. They were awesome!! Each player to take the court stepped up and delivered...
Cooper and Krause worked hard under the basket, eley was great from out side the arc, webber was everywhere, Will played one of his best games of the year and Todd matthews got by every player they put on him, like they were standing still... Great team effort fellas!
is it just me or is Nick Hambour the most over rated player in the league? dont know what the sixers see in him... when he couldnt get his own way tonight he gave Todd matthews one of the crudest unsportsmanlike fouls you are ever going to see...and then the north coach had a cry about it... Well enjoy ya summer North....WAY TO GO FLAMES!!!

Topic #8167 | Report this topic

damrob  
Years ago

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS

Womens

Forestville 58 to North Adelaide 53

Jo Hill (North Adelaide) 21 points

Rebecca Duke (Forestville) 17 points, 12 rebounds

Dee Ranford (Forestville) 16 points

Mens

Norwood 96 to North Adelaide 71

Ben Groves (North Adelaide) 21 points

Erik Burdon (North Adelaide) 19 points

Will Foster (Norwood) 17 points, 9 rebounds

David Cooper (Norwood) 20 points, 21 rebounds

Keith Krause (Norwood) 17 points, 11 rebounds

Photos from both games at Hillcrest are now online

www.damrob.com.au

or direct link to Hillcrest games

http://www.damrob.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=17518

Reply #91128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who said that Forestville weren't going to beat north cause North had won all 3 this year?

Reply #91137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so next weeks games will see
Women North V Southern loser out
Sturt v Forestville winner to grand final loser to play winner of north v southern.

Men Eastern V Norwood loser out
Sturt V Forestville winner to gf
loser to play winner of eastern v norwood

Sturt v Forestville double header the place where ever sturt will be playing should be packed.

Reply #91143 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Surely they can't host a final at St Peters? And giving up a final to Wayville when you're playing Forestville may come to be regretted.

Reply #91150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They should then look at the dome?

Reply #91159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Issac,

The cost for court hire of running 2 games at St. Peters would amount to about $360.

Plus having games at Wayville will probably double the attendence.

Reply #91167 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm not up on court hire costs, but wouldn't $360 to host two finals games be cheap?

Reply #91174 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

Cost of Pasadena = $18 Per Hour/Per Court
Cost of Wayville = $20 Per Hour/Per Court
Cost of Dome = $20 Per Hour/Per Court

Isaac getting something wrong = PRICELESS

Reply #91182 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I didn't mean cheap in comparison to BSA courts, I meant cheap in comparison to everything else in life: 70 spectators at $5 and you've covered the cost - big deal.

If St Peters was the preferred option for the team, I was going to volunteer to pay for the court hire, but nevermind.

Reply #91184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can imagine it over the P.A. now.

"Welcome today to the big HoopsSA mach-up between Sturt and Forestville. If in case of the game going into overtime the game will be decided by the two captains going for a beat-down in Halo multi-player.

The game MVP also gets the privilege of getting driven around the block in Isaac's red Ferrari after the game."

Reply #91254 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If games were decided via Halo, not only would Oscar have had a better season (ooh, low blow!), he could play over the net without having to fly back for the finals. That, plus I'd be suiting for the Sabres instead of never having played district basketball in my life.

Reply #91257 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

What is the St Peters gym like? I can't remember it from my school days, and I haven't coached there in 4 seasons for some reason.

Reply #91258 | Report this post

Struggling Coach  
Years ago

who do you coach doc?

Reply #91272 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Blackfriars. Got a good young side this year. No talls, but great attitude and good defensive hustle.

Reply #91275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

do you check the 'school' section of the thread to see what they think of themselves? or does your team have more sense than most of the school ballers on here.

Reply #91276 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I don't think my boys post on here about school ball, although I know they read the forum. They did do a fair bit of posting when they won knockout a couple of years back, but who wouldn't!

Reply #91293 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754