The Journo
Years ago

Where will the Sabres call home?

Just wondering where Sturt will play there home semi-final double header this weekend?

I doubt they will choose Wayville seeing they're both up against Forestville, essentially giving the home court advantage away.

Topic #8170 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dome!

Reply #91158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

St Peters would be the best option.

In terms of seating, the school puts stands up for Intercol games, so I imagine they would be able to do the same for the Sabres?

Reply #91165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wayville is by far and away the best choice for the club.

Hiring St. Peter would cost $360 .

Playing at Wayville will probably double the crowd.

Reply #91171 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Do they really want to give up home court advantage though?

I don't know about the men's chances with players missing, but it's a crucial game for the women, right?

Reply #91175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

home court advantage ?!?! its close to their previous home and sturt supporters can still go, its their 'home' game anyway, playing a couple of km's down the road won't make any difference

Reply #91179 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

You fool, home court advantage can be really useful to a team.

Reply #91183 | Report this post

Matt W  
Years ago

was great at pasadena, the sturt guys could dodge the nails sticking out... others would find out soon enough tho

Reply #91191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Matt W it is a bit like playing on your own dodgy pool table, you know which way the ball rolls so you can play that to your own advantage. The Sturt guys and girls would know the lay of the land and avoid the nails whilst the poor eagles team would have to contend with the obstacles.

Reply #91199 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Yes but Wayville doesnt have that problem, it doesnt really have any problems, maybe Forestville will shoot better as these are the rings they shoot on at training but this would be a slight advantage if any. The best choice for the good of the game is Wayville.

Reply #91203 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

"Forestville will shoot better as these are the rings they shoot on at training but this would be a slight advantage if any"

Given that to win a game you need to get the ball in the hoop I would say it is more than a slight advantage.

Reply #91244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no u fool, the early bird, its not that bigger advantage, and having it at Wayville will draw more Sturt supporters to the game than any stadium north of the city

Reply #91330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Playing in a large venue like the Dome the spectators will have no effect on encouraging there teams. Playing in a smaller stadium gives for a much more exciting night for players and spectators. Will the bar be open at least ?

Reply #91335 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

The Dome, what a stupid choice. Can basketball in SA possibly make any more stupid decisions.

I love the Dome with 4000-8000 people in it, but 200-400 is plain stupid. For a Saturday nite match the game has to be at at stadium that actually may open a bar and service its patrons.

Stupid

Reply #91338 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754