The Early Bird
Years ago

For People That Consider Spelling Important

O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if
you can raed tihs psas it on !!

Topic #8173 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

What about for people that have already had this posted on the forum 2-3 times? ;)

Reply #91249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol classic!

Reply #91250 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

give yourself a ball Isaac.
the early bird....change your name to...I think this has been done before!

Reply #91253 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

shame on you early bird for not being aware of previous threads

Reply #91263 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Seriously this would be the most posted topic in forum history

Reply #91265 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

MW - what about LeBron's Gatorade ad? Or that one where the cheerleader gets thrown up and through the basketball ring? Together, that might give us a top three in no particular order...

Reply #91267 | Report this post

OK, I was not aware of this being posted before but I'm happy to take the fall for that one. I'll put that with the bag of brad statements that nobody wants to hear again. Sorry again hoopsters

Reply #91271 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Gold!
good name change.... ha ha ha

Reply #91278 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

:D maybe a repeat but still a good read

Reply #91287 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

If you really want a laugh about spelling go to Year 10 Knockout post above.

Priceless.

Reply #91313 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

why pick on kids,we have our own way of spelling in short hand,dont get all angry because your generation is not "with it"!

Reply #91327 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The crux is this: if you want others to take the time to read what you're writing, take the time to write correctly.

Reply #91339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought short hand was to try and reduce the amount of characters used per word so that words can be written quicker.

Writing a word using the same amount of characters but spelling it incorrectly is just being lazy. One word I see spelt incorrectly in nearly every topic is 'Answer' spelt as 'Awnser'.

Reply #91343 | Report this post

Steve (#91193)  
Years ago

"why pick on kids,we have our own way of spelling in short hand,dont get all angry because your generation is not "with it"!"

Brad, you are a clown!!! I don't think Isaac or Fiji were getting angry, they were simply stating facts. And you should apologise for being prejudiced against those over the age of 17-odd for saying their generation is not "with it". While you're at it, I would like you to apologise for your Sturt hatred, your blatant racism earlier in the year, and for your refusal to take Isaac's advice to leave this site forever.

Reply #91373 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

...And kids, if you want a "real job" someday, learn to speak properly too..!

Reply #91375 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It isn't short hand, it's been too damn lazy, typical of your generation brad.

Most or your generation is 7:30 with a lot of busters that pretend they are brolic and maxin, but really are a bunch of cluckers. Oh most of you are fugazy. Act all brolic in front of the jake or one-time, but overall have no politic.

Your generation can keep your lousy 'short hand'. Maybe oxford dictionary could release a kid version of this type of crappy english.

Good luck with that job application some day.

Reply #91380 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

maybe we should call them the SMS generation

Reply #91389 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

hey guys im not try'n to start nothing ,i dont pick on you guys for spelling,its ok if you dnt like my opinion,u dnt have 2 agree,thats why its an opinion but plz dnt get on peoples back about spelling

Reply #91493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754