When The General talks - Phil the Mediator?

can anyone add any truth or insight to the rumour that Phil "the GENERAL" Smyth has been called in by the Adelaide Football club as a mediator between Tyson Edwards, Andrew McLeod and their respective wives over a fued that has lead to the two champion premireship players not talking to each other and has led to an alledged altercation between the players wives?

Apparently it all stems back to the Llyeton V Macca split?

Been doin the rounds on melb radio?

Apparently Phil (i am assuming good friends of the two) has been called in to try and get the four (particularly the players) back on speaking terms as the crows head to september for a tilt at their 3rd flag??

I hope this is nothing but malicious rumours and innuendo, however it seems to be coming from several corners!!!

Topic #8203 | Report this topic

uncle arthur  
Years ago

he may well have - proves superstars are only human

i hope they work it out

Reply #91615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From http://footyheads.com.au/

CROWS TRY AND MEDIATE
Monday, August 7th, 2006 at 6:18 pm

By CRAIG HUTCHISON

ADELAIDE has taken a proactive stance on the dispute between teammates and former best mates Andrew McLeod and Tyson Edwards.

I believe the Crows called in a mediator last month to offer support to the pair and resolve their differences.

It's understood McLeod rejected the offer just minutes into a meeting, saying their relationship wouldn't affect football or team matters.

The pair's partners are embroiled in the saga. Rachel McLeod and Mandy Edwards clashed verbally at a Crows function.

Rachel McLeod remains friends with Kim Clisters, who used to date Lleyton Hewitt. When McLeod and Hewitt, former best mates, fell out it didn't interupt the Edwards' friendship with Lleyton.

Tyson was a groomsman at the Hewitt wedding this year.

The Edwards' had met the Hewitts' through Andrew McLeod.

Coach Neil Craig told 3AW yesterday there was no issue between the players. Privately the Crows believe the situation is well under control.

Reply #91618 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754