skip
Years ago

Bradtke in Freak Toast Injury

It reported on the NBL site today that Bullets centre Mark Bradtke is in doubt for the start of the season. While making toast for his kids a simple movemnt pushed a bulging disc in his lower back into a nerve which even casued him to lose some feeling in his left leg.
Bradtke is hopeful to be right for the start of the season after claiming it to be worst pain he has ever experienced.

I know there is lots of talk about our injury prone talls, but even with their star studded line up, brisbane would struggle big time I reckon if they lose Bradtke.

Topic #8210 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

You are kidding right? Making toast? Lucky he wasn't making scrambled eggs - he would have gone into cardiac arrest!

Reply #91640 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Take out Bradtke, and they have Rychart in the middle I think.

At least we have three guys who can legitimately play centre!

Reply #91641 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

and probably make toast without injury....

Reply #91645 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

Wheeler
Cooper
????

Reply #91647 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Wheeler, Cooper and HORVATH!

He played starting centre for the pigs when he was there didn't he?

Reply #91648 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

Sorry my mind is else where. Yes Horvath could play centre. Where am i.

Reply #91649 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Horvath is 6'10" - I think he can cover us at centre if required.

Reply #91650 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

the doc, GOLD!!!
adding to that, best bet now is that we keep Wheeler and Copeland away from the kitchen, we don't want a "pan" demic on our hands.

Reply #91657 | Report this post

I heard the story went like this .
In the morning hurry that was , Mrs Bradtke normally in charge of domestic duties and rightfullty so hollered down to Mark , " Honey , can you make the kids toast " ? now with with the usual amount of thought Mark picked up his son and tryed to squeeze him into the toaster . Upon discovering what was happening , Nicole run down the stairs and overhead smashed her way through her husband causing the " most excruciating pain he ever experienced " .

Reply #91670 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What about the pre-recorded "Bul-lets, Bul-lets" chant in Brisbane? Wouldn't that be the most excruciating pain he'd ever experienced? (Back in five; going off to make that joke on OzHoops where more than EC and Statman might know what I'm talking about.)

Reply #91676 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

GOLD Isaac - go on give yourself a little ball!

Reply #91677 | Report this post

Randy Watson  
Years ago

Bradtke is making it far too easy for the Seals...How many pieces of toast will they have for him?

Maybe they can use bits of toast hanging from strings like a voodoo curse.

Reply #91678 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Already on it Randy :-)

Reply #91680 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

One of the best threads I've read in a while. Makes the next Bullets game at the Dome a must.

Reply #91691 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Maybe we should email New Zealands Maurice Bennett AKA "The Toastman" to do a portrait of Mark that could be presented at the next Bullets game in NZ.

He makes art out of Toast

http://www.mauricebennett.co.nz/tportraits.htm

Reply #91695 | Report this post

Taco Boy  
Years ago

Right up there with " Well doctor , I was dusting the mantlepiece in the nude and, well, I stumbled, and......"

Reply #91711 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Yes skip, you should. Most definitely should. With all the greetings Bradkte has received over the years at Apollo/Dome since leaving Adelaide, I'm sure toast, would be a warm welcome.

Pun intended.

Reply #91719 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Bradtke can no longer attend weddings, 21st parties, engagements etc.

"I would like to propose a toast." would have him in the corner in the foetal position, rocking back and forth - flashbacks to the worst pain he ever had.

Reply #91726 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Well, I just emailed "The Toastman"

Told him the story and let him know that the bullets would be in NZ on the 18th October. I'll let you all know if I get a reply.

Reply #91730 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Don't laugh, didn't Wheeler injure himself just stepping out of the car going to training? Just goes to show the most trivial thing can be disastrous.

Reply #91736 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I also have a copy of the song "Yeah Toast!!!"

It a funny song from like Saturday Night Live or something. If you are reading Music Man, I can give you a copy if your interested.

Reply #91739 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

Remember Truslove in NZ ... burnt his finger cooking, and when he instinctively pulled it away, slammed it into a counter and broke his finger ...

Reply #91760 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

On a more serious note, with an injury like that, we might not see Bradtke in action at all this season! Isn't it a fairly similar injury to the one that kept Nash out for the 2002/3(?) season?

That will make it hard to make the appropriate level of toast jokes at the Sixers v Bullets game!

Reply #91774 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

And skip, just had to add:

Banner: ' Bullets - You're toast'

Reply #91775 | Report this post

bballer33  
Years ago

OMG!!! that trully is a freak accident i hav never heard of any thing like it!!

Reply #91792 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Bradtke has always had problems with his back....and backing out of contracts to.

Reply #91827 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Gold!

Reply #91913 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hey skip, why don't you and the seals try to get hold of a "powdered toast man" from Ren and Stimpy outfit? surely that would be entertaining at the game...maybe start a fight with the magpie, or whoever else we have as a mascot these days....

Reply #92247 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754