Anonymous
Years ago

North V Southern

Southern Tigers Women superbly lead by Tamara Walker accounted for North Adelaide Rockets by 4 points.

Walker was a livewire that North could not contain with 3 big 3's in the first quarter, she managed to pick up rebounds fight for loose balls and generally lead her team from the front.

Beatty played well, but was well contained by Hill & Dhu. Cooper & Redden both played well, Cooper fouling out in the last quarter.

Kaesler, Cannon & Warnes all stepping up to the plate, Warnes with a big 3 in the face of tough opposition. Cannon a huge 3, north had knocked the ball into the back court, with the shot clock in single figures. Cannon double teamed on the half court line lauches a prayer with the shot clock expiring. It was nothing but net.

in the context of the game it was a big shot, it highlighted the southern magical touch

Jo Hill, Elle Couglan, Jenna P, Lauren Mansfield and Tania Dhu never gave up. Chopper hitting some big 3 pointers of her own. However, they never seemed to gel on the night constantly playing catch up basketball.

Marc Wallis' last game for the club was disappointing for him, his girls down as much as 10 in the last quarter. A 3 on the siren shaved the margin to a flattering 4 points.

Southern playing with confidence will be hard to stop they have found their form at the right end of the season.

Topic #8231 | Report this topic

Years ago

Good job to every one in the southern team! it must have been an exciting game to watch!

Reply #91938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Tigers again!!!!
Cannon's 3 from half court was absoulte magic!!!! All the girls fought hard and the faithfull tigers supporters will be there next week cheering from the side lines. Go girls u rock!!!!!!!!1

Reply #91939 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Tracey Beatty 23 points and 12 boards. I would take that if I was well held. Tamara Walker 19 , Nerrida Cooper 12, Leah Cannon & Olivia Warnes 11, Rebekah Redden 8. For North Jo Hill 18 points, Luaren Mansfield 15, Elizabeth Wright 14, and Jenah Piwanski 11.

Reply #91950 | Report this post

prof. shot  
Years ago

where will the sturt southern womens abl game be hel due to pasadena being closed

Reply #91956 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Croydon High School........(LOL)

Reply #91960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

one of the best abl games of the season southern will win the gf based on that performance. An awesome game only marred by really poor reffing. Enjoy life outside of ball for a while wallis. Dont go too crazy.

Reply #91963 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Cannon's half-way shot was a semi-double pump! - and psychologically worth 6pts at the time. Huge in the context, with North extending pressure.

Reply #91980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, awesome game played well by both teams... reffing absolutely disgraceful with a couple of costly calls going against North in the 4th which would have made it even closer!

Reply #91986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For a stand alone womens game it was one of the best Ive seen. There was a good crowd there and the standard of the players were fantastic on both teams. Without dismissing Sturt and Forestville who are also good teams. This game would not have been out place as a grand final match. It was that entertaining.

Reply #91995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lauren mansfield is awesome

Reply #92039 | Report this post

not now  
Years ago

anon 91986
you must be a poor looser, you had two of the best umpires on the chicks game and still blame them for the loss

Reply #92081 | Report this post

tony Blair  
Years ago

not now

surely you know if you lose you can't blame your players for poor defence, or poor shot selection for losing.

you can't blame the coach for not subbing or calling time outs when appropriate.

you just have to blame the refs it just makes sense to do so then it wasn't your fault

Nathan Wieland & John Clover ref'd well together and deserve to ref the women's grand final. The game on sat night was a great spectactle, I'll be waiting on saturday night to see Leah Cannon repeat her double pump prayer from the half court line.

Reply #92087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As an independant observer I thought the refs weren't too bad however if I was a North supporter I would be a little annoyed at the lack of some travel calls against Tracey B. Perhaps it is too much of a gap between her hands and her feet to notice the number of "little" steps she takes to put back an offensive board.

Reply #92093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the North guard's who lift there pivot foot everytime they start a dribble. As that is a travel under FIBA rule as well. Didn't see many of them called so to pick on one player and not the others. Well how independent are you??

Reply #92096 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

I thought there were a few bad calls during this game, and spotted Beatty travel once or twice, but the North Guard did travel often too... call it evens???

Who cares now anyway?

Reply #92300 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754