Common sense to me
Years ago

Double header at Wayville?

What are peoples thoughts on the games next week being held as a double header basketball extravaganza at Wayville?

Obviously the mens game will be at Wayville but for the womens game to be played at the Dome will be dull and queit.

Play both at Wayville  logistically it makes sense for STOP personnel and other volunteers.

The games will have a lot better atmosphere than dome  get big game noise happening for the womens game and have the crowd packed in.

Four different clubs being represented under one roof - plenty of Basketball SA love in the one gym

For the knockers I am not an eagle wanting to pack my gym, Southern girls v the Bowley Sabres

Mens game is gonna be a cracker, expect Arnold to be ejected in the 3rd!

PACK THE JOINT

Topic #8237 | Report this topic

Crystalcruiser  
Years ago

Have to agree,I think the dome won't have any atmosphere,having it at Wayville would make common sense.
Also why not Morphett Vale?
Both teams are located in the south,some of Sturts junior's games have been played their while Pasadena has been unavailable.
Why shouldn't at least one of the clubs particapating in the finals get a chance to gain some benefit from their hard work and make some extra money for their club through canteen,bbq and bar takings!
But at the worst at least Wayville has a bar!

Reply #91977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mvale! How many candles to light the court??

Reply #91983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think the show might have something to do with it not being at wayville?

Reply #91985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

m/vale with the "tv lights" (two big masive units) is very bright on main crt, I'm sure IF you played under the lights those ones are on you would disagree

don't think it will be at cage as Sturt would not allow it

Dome double it is one would think if adelaide show is on

Reply #91991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if one game is being played at Wayville there wouldn't be any reason why the other game couldn't be.

Reply #91992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes there is its already been advertised for the dome. End of story!

Reply #91993 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Thought the atmosphere at the dome for the women's game was pathetic last night.The crowd was too far away from the play, the bottom level of seating seemed to have been unofficially reserved but did not fill. A bit more noise at the men's game. Thought the court announcer was very lame,did not give out any scores , was unintelligable when he announced some issue with a car.I agree, make it a double header at Wayville.I don't think it closes down til the next day.

Reply #92001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes sense to have it at Wayville, also im sure alot of the sturt people would stick around to watch the mens game also!

Reply #92008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wayville is a goer!!!
Lets hope the league, and Sturt, use their heads!!!

Reply #92014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure Sturt would love to play at wayville and who would get all the money Forestville. Dont think so.

Reply #92029 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

people the gf is played at the dome so end of story
see you at the dome this week and the next
want to play at wayville - fine but want to play grand final see you at the dome

Reply #92038 | Report this post

the games are at wayville this weekend people - 92038, the atmosphere will be better this week than next at the dome

Reply #92135 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754