XY
Years ago

Hemmerling hands in his notice to ACC

Article in the Sunday Mail today (15.08.2006) says that new Sixers owner Mal Hemmerling has informed Lord Mayor Michael Harbinson that he will not seek to renew his term as Adelaide City Council CEO when the position comes up for renewal in November.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,20132061-5006301,00.html

The reason cited by Mal is the increase in the term of the contract from 3 years to 4 years.

Topic #8249 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

Bit misleading to say he handed in his notice....

That would imply he is actually quitting his job, whereas he has simply indicated he will not be seeking a renewal of contract.

Reply #92188 | Report this post

Karl  
Years ago

Dont think Mal is quitting. Why would you quit a $300k plus job?

I think you may find a couple of hands in the back may have helped

Reply #92208 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Just paraphrasing the Advertiser Yogee. Agree there is a difference but the net result is the same.

Karl, I don't think Hemmerling would be too worried, he has been CEO of numerous large organisations and is highly regarded (and I would imagine sought after). 300K is probably at the low end of what he could expect to earn in a similar role in private enterprise.

Reply #92225 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yeah I know XY, sorry wasn't having a go at you.

Reply #92274 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754