Isaac
Years ago

Today's Advertiser news

Horvath arrives tomorrow

Horvath's arrival will mean Adelaide will boast its biggest team, with Brett Wheeler 208cm, and David Cooper at 206cm sharing the centre-power forward duties.
If you contact the club, you can ask about viewing a training session and see how they're doing.

The Lightning are looking at Tracy Gahan to round out their roster.
Gahan, 26 and 183cm, starred in the SEABL with Tasmania's North West Thunder this year, averaging 18.4 points at 59 per cent, 13.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.

And Eddy Groves is happy about supporting basketball and picking up a venue on the side.
The Bullets play at Brisbane Convention Centre and ABC Learning Centres has 300 season tickets it gives to children and parents for every home game. "I'm addicted to basketball. I love it," Groves confessed.

He has made a huge contribution to the sport's continued growth and wellbeing in Australia and predicts even better times ahead in the next 12 months.

"I've always liked Adelaide," he said. "The facility is fantastic."

Are the 36ers contenders with Horvath in the squad?

Is Gahan what the Lightning need?

Who will Eddy be backing when the Bullets visit Adelaide?

Topic #8252 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

I would think he would be hoping for a Brisbane win in front of a capacity house.

Reply #92204 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

I still think there are enough bigs running around the CABL without chasing else where. I know that these players have there limitations but don't all players? There will be some running around this Saturday night at Wayville for both teams. The cheapest recruit is one that is living in this state is it not?

Reply #92205 | Report this post

Karl  
Years ago

I think you'll find it wont matter to Eddie, who ever wins, he wins..

thats what happens whenyou own both horses in a two horse race.

Reply #92206 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Sixers are going to be very versatile this year, should be good to watch...Horvath, Cooper and Wheeler can all switch, as can Mastro and Nash at the 3-4 spot..
Do you think Lanard can start at the 3 when it is a good match up/ or to create a mismatch?
Or better suited to providing scoring off the bench with the second unit.

Reply #92212 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Horvath is what we need - the real deal. I'm not convinced about Wheeler though.
What the Lightning need is Monique Bowley - sadly I think her injury is too severe for WNBL.
Despite all of the delays, uncertainties, AND the lack of money, I think both teams are in good shape and will have good years.

Reply #92213 | Report this post

intrigued  
Years ago

BC, do you mean for mens or womens?

Reply #92250 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Groves will be supporting the Bullets as he owns the team. In Adelaide he owns the venue. Makes no difference as far as the venue goes as to who wins or loses.

Reply #92267 | Report this post

physio  
Years ago

I don't think Coach Lucas is overly perturbed by injury - after all, doesn't Jess Foley have stress fractures in her foot? Not to mention Boyd coming back from knee surgery and Cherie Smith's stuffed ankle...they better have a good physio!

Reply #92348 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

What is that?...

Your application?

Reply #92361 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:36 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754