Phizzer
Years ago

Philips Cup in Singapore

May have missed this in Australia, but just had the Philips Cup here in Singapore. One group was Argentina (2004 Olympic Gold Medalists), Serbia & Montenegro (2002 FIBA World Champs), Spain (Ranked 5th in the world) and Slovenia (Ranked 22th in the world).

Other group was Malaysian All-Stars, Singapore All-Stars, Melbourne Tigers and a team from Chinese Taipei.

Schedule PDF

Unfortunately, I missed all of this, but what a bargain as far as price was concerned! S$52 for all three days and every game (that's $43 Aussie) or half for a student.

I was lucky enough to meet a member of the Spain's coaching staff on Monday. They were very happy with their tournament and are quite confident about the World Champs. They beat Argentina comfortably in the end.

Melbourne Tigers breezed through from what I saw on the news. No challenge really, although Stiffy was very diplomatic in an interview saying they didn't know the Tigers offence so hard for them! Frankly, could have told them before the game, shown them, walked them through it and same result!

Topic #8255 | Report this topic