The Early Bird
Years ago

Reserves Finals Results

Was out watching both the North v Forestville game and the Sturt V South game.

North def Forestville by 1 point on the buzzer
North Best: Ryan Franchasina, Tom Rowe

Forestville Best: Wayne Haydon, Matt Gange

Sturt def South by 15 or so
Sturt Best: Todd Smythe, Nathan Vaughn and Marcus Ng

South Best: Steve Williams, Mark Fuller and Lucas Smith

Topic #8270 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here are some photos from the Sturt V South game.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Reply #92303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in the womens

Southern beat Forrestville

and West won by 9 in overtime against a very unlucky North (West were down by 6 with less than two minutes to play in regulation and then 4 down in overtime with two minutes to go)

Reply #92306 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

nice pics

Reply #92307 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

sweet pics. Great D by Marcus Ng on the Smith layup.

Reply #92310 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

Great D? I thought it looks like Marcus is asking to be excused - or he has a serious dance move happening there.

Reply #92317 | Report this post

MrStinky  
Years ago

North and Forestville interesting game, both teams lack big guys however. North V South next week should be a good clash. Sturt finished top and looked in good shape for last nights game, to many answers. South only looked for about 8 minutes the whole game, they got to within 9 in the last.
Sturt would have to be clear favourites for the title now. Especially with Marcus Ng playing D like that ;)

Reply #92318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting to see if there will be any protests -I'm not sure that some of the guys mentioned above have played enough games to qualify for finals?

Reply #92322 | Report this post

MrStinky  
Years ago

What is the rule for Games needed to qualify?

What teams are you referring to Anon? I hope your not going to bash sturt on this site ;)

Reply #92325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who hit the game winner for North?

Reply #92339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

umm...did you actually watch the game?? It is the worst game i have ever seen matt gange play!! The stand out player was andy geer from north who had 20+ points and hit the game winning shot. Well done north.

Reply #92343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus looks like he's asking the teacher for permission to visit the little boys room.... One hand in the air, other holding it back.

Reply #92345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched the game last night, North were missing their big man Steve Hastings, but Ryan Franceschinis took over in the last few minutes and then finished with a sweet play to Andy Geer to win the game. Not a big fan of Andy, but he should in the last few games that he deserves min. in ABA. Hopefully with a change of coach he'll get that opportunity. Expected more from the Eagles, especially with their line up. Can anyone tell me why Dougy did not play.

Reply #92351 | Report this post

Nofoul!  
Years ago

Dougy fouled out before the game.

(Mod: Post of the week! I haven't busted out the Dougie stamp in a while...)

Reply #92354 | Report this post

Nofoul!  
Years ago

Thats what im talking about!

Reply #92369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha ha. great stamp. Apparently Dougie didn't qualify for the reserve finals. Missed out by a couple of games. He could of claimed his injury and get exemption I believe, but Forestville didn't get organised early enough.

The early bird, have to disagreee with you. Gange didn't play bably, but did not do much either, and Haydons turnovers down the stretch probably cost the eagles the game so wouldn't put either of them in their best. Wood probably was their best, and their 2 guards, Tim Smyth and Harvey both had their moments! With the team they had they should have won the game, and probably the title.

Reply #92381 | Report this post

Paddy  
Years ago

With Dougie they wouldve won easily..

Reply #92406 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754