RuMoR MoNgEr
Years ago

Lightning to play before Sixers

Why dont we have the Lightning play before the Sixers rather than second rate teams.We have two great teams here why not have them plat on the same night?

Topic #8291 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

And how much would you pay to go?
They are more so now than ever before 2 seperate business, who obviously both want to make money.

I'm not sure on prices for Lightning games at Wayville but I'd guess $10-$15
Sixers games $20-$30
Would you be willing to pay and force anyone else who only wants to go see one of the games $30-$45?

Reply #92652 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

There will be 3 Lightning games played as curtain raisers to the 36ers this season.

It looks like the Academy games will be scraped in favour of some Junior games. This gives the kids the oppotunity to play before the 36ers, which gives them a buzz and also get the families to the games.

Reply #92654 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

Tough call for the Sixers. As others have said, the Lightening will get a small % to showcase their game to the masses before the Sixers.

At the same time, the Sixers need some pre-game entertainment. When speaking of junior games, I use the word "entertainment" very loosely.

Reply #92670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and so the death to up and coming young basketballers continues???.......
"It looks like the Academy games will be scraped "

Academy gone or just their games?

Bear or Bell or KB got any word?

Reply #92686 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

academy games are a good lead up i think,gives the fans who rock up early something to watch that is decent,no offence to the women,but i would rather watch the up and coming players!

Reply #92711 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I like the idea of getting juniors into to play. Gives them a thrill and the parent and grandparnets would love it to. I think that will result in more people coming to the game as well.
I remember being about 8 and getting to play at footy park at halftime of an SA v Vic State of Origin game, at the time I thought it was the greatest moment in my life.

Reply #92713 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Why would the Lightning want to play as 'curtain raisers' for the 36ers when they have established their own identity at Wayville. When they did, almost no one went early enough to see them, as the were asked to play at rediculously early time, so that they did not upset the 36ers programme. This resulted in games finishing 45-60 minutes before the NBL warm ups - a deadly 'pause' in the nights programme - the Academy were restricted by the same requirement. 400-500 people in the DHD does not add up to the atmospherr they create at Wayville. Enough said.

Reply #92733 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Great for the juniors, the parents and grandparents, but how exciting is it for those totally unrelated? Juniors playing basketball is not entertainment for 5,000 people.

Reply #92740 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754