skip
Years ago

WC: Boomers V Brazil *Spoiler*

Its half time of their opening game and Australia are leading 40 - 38.
Worthington and Bruton on 13 and 11 points.

Topic #8300 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

4:30 to go in the 4th.
Boombers lead 72 - 65

Reply #92762 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Boomers win 83 - 77

Worthington top scored with 23 with CJ (16) Sam Mac (15) and Bogut (10) the only double figure scorers.

Reply #92763 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

wow that satirical Worthington post about him being the main man in the wc for us is biting me hard!!

Reply #92764 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'll be honest, I'm surprised that the Boomers won. I thought Barbosa and Splitter would of been too much for our boys. Worthington with 23 is huge.

I'll give credit to the boys and great win and fingers crossed the lads picked up a lot of confidence and can ride that wave to the second round....

USA beat Rico by 11. Scoring was spread with 6 in double figures. Melo had 21.

Germany beat Japan by 11. Dirk went for 27 and 10.

Reply #92765 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Very good win, well done boys.

Reply #92766 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

anyone know the champs website sorry if this has already been asked

Reply #92774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

www.fiba.com

It will ask you if u want to go to the WC Site or FIBA itself

Reply #92776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just watched the game, big game by most of the boys if they can continue the team work, cut down on the turnovers, some unforced we will win more games and a few of us might end with egg on our faces

sam mac played well before fouling out, bogut some deft passes to fine open players cutting to the hoop

smith, cj, kendall, newley all had some good and bad minutes. Worthington though was the surprise he looked like he belonged on the world stage.

Brazil threw everything they could at them in the last five minutes when boomers led by as much as 10 but the boys held firm where as in athens they capitulated solid leads.

very promising to see the ball movement, no particular guard over dribbling on controlling the ball team work was extremely strong and the win should strenghten that, they did not need to rely on one player like bogut to win the game.

Reply #92777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was glad to see that we didnt rely on Bogut to win, alot of teams think that if they double him up that theyve got us... evidently thats not the case! Big game by some unusual suspects, Kendall and Worthington surprised me with some nice shooting and 2 big blocks by wortho on splitter (the replays show, ALL BALL BABY!) CJ and Sammy Mac as good as you would hope, but some sloppy turnovers and tenativeness offensively. A few careless passes, however if they get rid of that I can see us doing better then previously expected. Good Defense, I think weve earned back a measure of respect in the basketball world

Reply #92778 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Did anyone watch it via the online subscription?

If so let us know how it was.

Thanks, DJ

Reply #92793 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

So does this mean no one hates Brian now?

Reply #92805 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

My only problem with the game was the fact that Bruce played only for 1 minute, yet Kendall play half the game. Oh well....

Reply #92815 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

And BTW, Wortho only had 10, not 23.

Reply #92816 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Yeah - i was wondering about Wortho... I remember the two quick 3's he got and the layup and foul - but was wondering was where the other 15 or so came from... Still he came in at a time when we looked incapable of hitting a barn so i thought he played very well (even if he only got the two 3s - that really steadied the boys)... But Sammy Mac was awesome (all over the shop - scoring, assists, rebs, blocks, intimidating prescence)... Hopefully we can wrap up qual. early by beating Turkey today - though they looked a lot stronger against Luthuania than i thought they would be...

Reply #92818 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:57 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754