Ricey
Years ago

The Grand

i dont know about rest of you, but i think that changing ABL night to Grand would b smart idea, seeing as academy has sponsorship there, and woollacott dinner is held there aswell. not to mention drink prices there are cheaper then the discount prices alone at the stag. with summer coming up grand will be best place to be aswell on the weekends.

Topic #8320 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep it at the stag. Thats a great Central location for everyone!

Reply #92954 | Report this post

GiftHorse  
Years ago

Ricey,
The Stag Hotel are great supporters of the ABA. Supporting sponsors is a bigger issue than paying an extra 20c for a drink.

Reply #92955 | Report this post

Paddy  
Years ago

Im interested in the nature of the Stag's sponsorship details with the ABL. Do they directly support the league financially? Anyone with any details?

Reply #92961 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

20c for a drink? $43 with discount to get 3 shots of jager, 2 pints of pale, and one redbull. would cost about $35 or so at Grand without discount. not sayin its not great central location, but hey, i got no problems with them apart from prices seemingly bit higher than the norm, and some bar staff being tools sometimes. not to mention slow service.

Reply #92965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricey

stop advertising where you are trying to get work as a bouncer. Was this part of your conditions of employment.

Reply #92999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the Stag is very disappointing with support. How do they support us?? I don't believe its all that its cracked up to be! We still have to line up for entry the majority of the time, drink cards are a waste of space in our wallets because they grant us no discount at all. The service is extremely slow. Even the archer offered more.. with a nice, clean, classier bar as opposed to the dirt of the Stag. What is everyone else thoughts?

Reply #93015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the stag goes alright...

and the pints are 750ml....

Reply #93023 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

yea... mad trying to make my work load harder if/when i get job there. plus doubt i would be letting myself work on both saturday and sunday nights. lets face it, the stags support is as good as SAs support or Brian Goorjan

Reply #93076 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Is this the "Ricey" that always puts me in a headlock when I run into him at a club?

Reply #93121 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

That would prolly be me... as im usually drunk by the time i get to club and do that kinda cr*p... haha

Reply #93159 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754