Anonymous
Years ago

Div 2 Results

Does anyone know the results of the prelim finals last night?

Topic #8339 | Report this topic

Aloha  
Years ago

North Beat Tigers by 18 in the women
South beat north in the mens by about 6

Reply #93190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern were crap last night. If this is the best juniors they have, then they are in big trouble. The North girls were far to strong and there juniors gave Southern a spanking. North played there juniors for all of the last quarter.

Reply #93199 | Report this post

Aloha  
Years ago

not all of the southern players were crap north only won by hitting there 3 pointers and the tigers didnt shoot very well at all. if they are so crap how did they make the prelim final?

Reply #93204 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

Tigers did get out of the blocks quickly leading 18-3 at one stage in the first quarter, went downhill just as quickly in the second.

Reply #93217 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

Tigers did get out of the blocks quickly leading 18-3 at one stage in the first quarter, went downhill just as quickly in the second.

Reply #93218 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

For whatever reason the Tigers just stopped after starting so well and to North's credit they just blow the score line out very quickly.

To say they were crap I don't agree with, they differently weren't great in sections, and shooting percent wouldn't have been great. After everything falling their way against Forestville the week before nothing was happening in last night's game.

Good on the girls for making it that far through finals.

And there are some very good juniors coming through.

Reply #93221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good teams make it happen. Just like North last night. They did start off well but then played like a Div 4 team not a Div 2 team. They would have lost to a Div 4 team last night. If they are happy just to be there then they need to have a long hard look at themselves and perhaps realize they should be playing in a lower Div. I hope there are for Southern sake but it's not this lot.

Reply #93232 | Report this post

Aloha  
Years ago

so they had a bad game im sure all teams have had a bad game once in a while. geez no one is perfect and if you are the same "anonymous" bagging the tiger girls on the next season thread there is a message for you.LSR

Reply #93234 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

gees i wouldn't be too complacent if i was North I saw them blow a game in overtime that should have been won in regulation time last week against west.

"good teams make it happen"

(#93232)Guess on that basis then North isn't a good team - cause last week they would have won their way into the grand final and not been up against southern last night.

Reply #93236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North are there in the GF. After watching the Tiger ABL team play in the finals and they are awesome but this Div 2 team is nowhere near the level of the girls above them. From what I understand some of these girls have been around awhile in the ABL comp? I'm not sure on that, if it is true they should be a lot better then they are. They have not learned anything from the girls above them by the looks of it.

Reply #93243 | Report this post

Panther Boy  
Years ago

Why is everyone talking about the womens game when all that matters is SABC and there road to the championship. They were awesome and will take care of the sabres next week with ease I would suggest. As a fan of basketball and in particular the magoos competition they are an absolute thing of bueaty to watch and play the way basketball should be played. Stuey campbell looked like he had another 2 to 3 years left in him and they won without Matt Davies. Do yourself a favour everyone and go out and watch them destroy Sturt in next weeks grand final

Reply #93246 | Report this post

rabbit  
Years ago

is that you pecker? Sturt will pump you guys i would imagine.

Reply #93251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the reason these div 2 tiger girls havent improved considreably is because they were only ever bench players in ABL and never saw more than 3 mins a game.

Reply #93255 | Report this post

Panther Boy  
Years ago

Sorry Rabbit, Whos Pecker? Is that the brilliant caoch south have, nah I am not him but he is good to. Coach of the year actually

Reply #93256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After watching them last night thats more minutes then they deserved. If you can't play in Div 2 how the hell do you expect to play ABL? If you are thinking that way then its time you quit as you think you are better then you are. The good players learn from the players above them but obversely you don't.

Reply #93261 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

I think everyone needs to back up a bit and take a look at what actually has been going on down at Southern.
For a Women's squad who finished close to bottom last year in both ABL and Div 2, It was not a bad 2006 season.
It hasn't been a Premiership year, but it sure as hell wasn't as bad as it is being made to sound on this thread.
There is plenty of depth in the squad and the Club, Coaches, Senior players and Junior squad members are all pulling in the same direction to make 2007 an even better season than the one just gone.

Reply #93296 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754