incognito
Years ago

What does your club stand for?

Reading the South post gave me an idea for an interesting discussion.

I would like to see what people think their individual clubs stand for.

Individuallity, different approaches and philosophies should be encouraged at clubs.

Each club as its own culture which makes the basketball landscape competitive, interesing and exciting and people love to get behind something they have ownership in, that is not a carbon copy of another club.

You may want to consider one or more of these questions.

What stage is your club at? IE trying to maintain success, going to a new level of success
How does your club define success?
Does your club stand for hard nosed defense?
Motion offense vs structured offense?
Opportunities for all, opportunities for elite?
Lots of smart zone defenses?
Promoting coaches within?
Rewarding athletes before smart players?
Promotion to senior ranks from within?
etc.

It can include history, plan for the future, coaching/playing philosophies, management philosophies etc. etc.

What makes your club stand out from the rest?

Obviously most posts will be unofficial and can be annonymous if you wish as people should not be constricted from posting their opinion. So, there are no right or wrong answers just peoples opinions.

BUT KEEP IT POSSITIVE AND ETHICAL!

Topic #835 | Report this topic

1 s  
Years ago

Tough post incognito but should get interesting and differing opinions. Everyone views their club and their team differently. A lot of the example questions can probably be only answered by coaches and you'll get a different answer throughout the ranks. But a good way to put a positive spin on posts!

Reply #8933 | Report this post

Dohhh!  
Years ago

Well incognito, maybe you can start us off!

Reply #8934 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

Perhaps the more erudite of any Committee Members or JDC's of each club can start off on their Club's philosophy and ideology etc etc, before we get "opinionated" viewpoints??

Reply #8996 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

unfortunatly, i feel that woodville are in for a couple leaner years after this lot of 18's and 20's have finished. this kills me to say it aswell. but i was at the club when Darren Ng and his boys won the classics. thats when the club was at its strongest.

I hope that somebody cant come on and prove me wrong about the boys. but this is just wat im seeing at the moment.

With the girls, we r still building. we have all teams besides the under10 div 1's and unfortunatly the under18 div1 teams entered. we have some good girls coming through. e.g. we had last years u14 div1's at the classics, which was a first for a few years. and we had some u10 teams in the finals with one making the gf. there r some good signs for the future ithink and lynn holland is doing a great job.

Reply #9003 | Report this post

Jodie barret is huge for the green juniors as well.

Woodville's girls will be ok if they stay stable for another 2-3 years - west are the real worry - even centrals look better than the bearcats in the real junior girls.

Lynne is a top woman - I am amazed why she has not been given a lightning girl / import at any stage.

It will be interesting where woodville are in 2 years or so - with no vera - I am sure barb will be amongst it.

IT MAY NOT BE WHAT YOUR CLUB STANDS FOR - BUT WHAT YOU STAND FOR !

Reply #9007 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i hope that it happens. i love the club. its a good club, i just want to see it become one of the great clubs.
(sorry if i got abit of the subject, just read the first question in the first post.)(What stage is your club at? IE trying to maintain success, going to a new level of success)

Reply #9014 | Report this post

Michael Anic  
Years ago

jodie barret is what woodville stands for.if you look up the word workhorse in the dictionary you will see beside it-jodie barret. she players for like 8 teams and coaches 10 teams and works like 5 jobs.
her love for the game and club is massive.

jodie barret the king of scrap lives on in my books......

Reply #9407 | Report this post

LAMINA  
Years ago

Take Luck,

The love that you have for woodville is clearly visable, for that i applaude you! You seem to have an idea of where woodville is at the moment!! You must be a coach? If so what team?

Reply #9414 | Report this post

jodie barret is gun dad's sister

Reply #9416 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

no, LAMINA im not a coach, just a player and ive been around long enough to see what is happening. and it helps when people in the no, tell u wat is happening

Reply #9466 | Report this post

Take Luck thinks he is a coach, but his coaching and playing efforts unfortunately made his team come 2nd in summer and 3rd in winter. He should be a coach he has good knowledge and a massive mouth, but his knowledge, like his love of dallas, is at times poor. Fullcourt man with 3 secs left... Dont doubt me

Reply #9608 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

bar u, u random two bit goon. i no who u r mate-e-o. very funny. y dont u grow a little. short man

Reply #9613 | Report this post

Cheezeburger  
Years ago

i agree for the first and only time with take luck.craig grow a little.short man.the crowd thought that you were a under 18's player not the coach.cause you were so small.

Reply #9624 | Report this post

mr time outs  
Years ago

Cheezeburger, i heard u cant play outside the paint

Reply #9688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754