Anonymous
Years ago

Greek Basketball Club for sale, Asking Price 1 Eu

This from Fox Sports

Top Euro club yours for one euro
From correspondents in Athens
August 29, 2006 THE owner of historic Greek basketball club AEK Athens, winner of the 1968 European Cup, has put the team on sale for one euro, the club announced this week.

"Those interested in taking over the club's shares for the price of one euro should contact (our) legal counsel," AEK said in a statement.

Club owner Yiannis Filippou, whose family operates one of Greece's largest dairy food companies, did not identify the reasons behind his walkout.

But with the eight-time Greek championship winners failing to win a title since 2002, AEK's management had come under heavy criticism from fans over its decision to sell key players over successive seasons.

According to Greek press reports, the club currently has debt amounting to $4 million.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20293194-23769,00.html

Any one got a cool 4-5 million and want to buy a quality team?

Topic #8432 | Report this topic

home renter  
Years ago

greeks and money - now there is a mix - could tell you a few stories there!

Reply #94172 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ron? You around?

Reply #94180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well i would bu them, but i dont think i can afford it, i mean so much money involved such as medical expences and the GELL! Bloody greeks/wogs and gell, do they supply their own? i hope so!!!!!!

Reply #94239 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:13 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754