Anonymous
Years ago

Grand Final Trends

Interesting stat from Senior Grand Finals so far. Bit of a trend here, so far, of the results I know, only 1 out of 7 teams that had the week off, won their Grand Final, so much for that benefit!

ABL Men -
Forestville (Prel Final winner) defeat Sturt (had week off)
ABL Women -
Sturt (Prel Final winner) defeat Forestville (had week off)
Div 2 Men -
South (Prelim Final winner) defeat Sturt (had week off)
Div 2 Women -
North (Prelim Final winner) defeat West (had week off)
Div 3 Men -
Norwood (had week off) defeat North (Prelim Final Winner)
Div 3 Women-
Don't know who one this game - Western Magic (had week off) vs Norwood (Prel Final winner)
Div 4 Men - Playing tonight - Forestville (had week off) play United Dist (Prel Final winner)
Div 4 Women - Playing tonight - Forestville (had week off) play Southern (Prelim Final winner)
Div 5 Men -
Centrals (Prelim Final winner) defeat Woodville (had week off)
Div 5 Women -
North (Prelim Final winner) defeat South (had week off)

Topic #8440 | Report this topic

interested  
Years ago

I think you're on to something here and I reckon its more about the mental attitude and preparation.

The team that has had to earn their spot in the final the hard way would have more heart and determination to do well. The team that has had a week off and only had to prove themselves once would be pretty complacent and sure they could do it again. I'm not a Sturt person, but a prime example is the Sturt ABA Womens team. They came out of the blocks hard and played strong early - their determination on show for all to see.

Of course this doesn't always happen and the favourite does often end up winning, but it is interesting to consider.

And so I reckon what this trend really indicates is that our competitions are very even and anyone can win on any given day. A good thing in my book.

Reply #94225 | Report this post

wowza  
Years ago

Norwood women won too Div 3

Reply #94232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So that makes 7 out of 8 wone by the team that wone the prelim final.

Look out Forestville Division 4 sides tonight!!

Reply #94240 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I think the week off is only usefull if you have injuries to key players.

Other than that, I would rather play and keep sharp.

Reply #94241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would suggest that the team that loses the Semi is able to make adjustments. The team that wins the semi can't really make any adjustments until quarter or more usually half time. By which stage it could be over.

Reply #94243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Div 3 W. Norwood d Magic (who had week off!)

Reply #94244 | Report this post

Pagey  
Years ago

Div 4 mens result from last night.
Forestville (had week off) 97 defeated United Districts 71.

United finished sixth and had to win three finals to make the Grand, score only blew out in the final quarter.

Not totally sure of Womens Div.4 final but I think forestville beat southern. Forestville had the week off

Reply #94390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forestville women beat southern in a very boring onesided match

Reply #94442 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754