Word on the street
Years ago

Reggie for Sale (Paul Vandenbergh)

Word on the street is that Paul Vandenbergh is seeking other basketball options away from the Warriors. SEABL?, overseas? other local ABA club maybe.

Would think other ABA clubs would be very keen on the mans service?

Sad times for the Warriors.

Topic #851 | Report this topic

assist this  
Years ago

Old news....
you can expect Reggie to be running with Wilkey at Centrals.
I believe this will make them worthy opponents!

Reply #9194 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Worthy opponents for who?!?

Reply #9196 | Report this post

Nice-1  
Years ago

dunno about centrals?? you would think he would want to go somewhere where he'll be in a chance for a championship.. I'm sure he'll create a bit of interest.

Eagles, West or Sturt seem like they would suit...

Reply #9198 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

hope he doesnt go, but it wont suprise me. And i hear that centrals WILL be high on his list if he go's. Y? Ricky Simpson is the coach (old Friends from the early warriors day's)

Reply #9221 | Report this post

liz hurley  
Years ago

why is he leaving - unhappy, just a change or sick of being runners up in grand finals ?

Reply #9251 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

old news - maybe he has dual citizenship in holland and may want to go play there - maybe he wants a change of scenery and if he wants and can get nbl gig can you blame him. don't we all aspire for a higher standard

Reply #9257 | Report this post

singer  
Years ago

maybe he's moving to L.A. to be Rick Fox's stunt double?

Reply #9266 | Report this post

Chump  
Years ago

Go to Centrals Reggie... Make this league interesting, they have a young squad which would benefit from your leadership and would be final contenders with your abilities in the team. Ya Kna!

Reply #9308 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Centrals have to look at 2 issues

Firstly they are only allowed to recruit 3 players from other clubs

Secondly the new salary cap

Hopefully they can get around these hurdles and become a very competitive team for years to come.

What else is happening at Woodville?? Is Scott Whitmore retiring?? Is Eric going back to the US?? Is anyone else thinking of leaving the Warriors??

Reply #9316 | Report this post

Reggie's retired and has already started to pursue a career in acting. He will be in an episode of McCleods Daughters that will be shown next year.
Last week he was in the amateur stage production of Les Miserables and was apparently very good.

Reply #9337 | Report this post

Reefer  
Years ago

Are you only allowed to recruit 3 players from the ABA or does it include imports and interstate players?

Reply #9341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lommax, Scottie is retiring & Bradley's gone back to America.

Reply #9344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scott = retired
Bradley = gone home wont be back
Reggie = moving on to other things
Ng = knee out for year (Marcus)
Graves = shins sore ????
Puddifoot = not playing
Todd = not playing ????
Hammond = what ever Reggie does
Ng = half season at best, work
Parker = may move back to Balaklava

current team

Wilson
Reeves
Birmingham
Fuller
Pascoe

Reply #9374 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

How come Puddy's not playing???

Reply #9378 | Report this post

solid gold  
Years ago

i doesn't look good. However South appeared in diabolical trouble weeks ago. Now it looks like they will put a team on the floor to challenge the five. I am sure Tracey will be working hard to make sure a competitive line-up is on the floor next season. Not panic stations just yet.

Reply #9380 | Report this post

Court Marshall  
Years ago

Solid, I'm sure Tracy would want to do something with all those major players not playing, BUT, remember Woodville finished top, therefore they can only recruit 1 player from another team. Even if they got David Cooper (if he was available) they would struggle to get off the bottom of the table. To lose that many players and not be able to replace them with ABL standard players is crazy.

Will this be the first time a team goes from finishing top and playing in the grand final, to finishing bottom?

Reply #9387 | Report this post

bryant gumball  
Years ago

I'd be more worried about Woodville's u12 / 14 boys - I think the u12s won about 2 games from 70 accross the grades over winter.

Don't worry about the ABL - they will be amongst the mix - remember - someone has to fill the "runners up" position !

Reply #9421 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

your a hack bryant gumball, and that joke is getting old and tired, mite want to find some new stuff for your comedy rutine.

Reply #9425 | Report this post

bryant gumball  
Years ago

did I hit a nerve, take luck ?

if the cap fits .....

Reply #9427 | Report this post

Johnny Tightlips  
Years ago

Take Luck

What is happening to that club of yours? The one you spend so much time on this forum telling us how great it is? The younger age groups are a shambles, one of your Coaching Directors and another Div 1 coach have left, and now your senior team is falling apart. What's going on?

Reply #9428 | Report this post

dad and dave  
Years ago

and all clubs don't lose personnel

dream on!

Reply #9429 | Report this post

bryant gumball  
Years ago

what has gone on at woodville, has gone on at evry other club at some stage.

The ones to worry are west - things are ailing somewhat down at the port - probably to woodies benefit.

Reply #9430 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i think weve hit a rough patch unfortunatly. but the people that are in place at the moment will b doing everything they can to try and make our club strong.

Reply #9467 | Report this post

Shame  
Years ago

Hey bryant

You dont know dik.

Reply #9469 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

He's my uncle

Reply #117591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way to get an old thread going again JJ.

This thread may actually still be relevant. There are some rumours around that he may be able to be talked out of his retirement to play for another local ABA club (not Centrals or Woodville)

Reply #117599 | Report this post

sweet switch  
Years ago

I think Reggie is an awesome player, an awesome guy and an awesome lover...unfortunately, he gave me the pox.

Reply #117671 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:57 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754