Isaac
Years ago

Abby Bishop to Canberra?

Abby Bishop has signed with Canberra in the WNBL according to The Advertiser.

While the Lightning were talking about their chances, Canberra were announcing the signing on WNBL.com.au according to Boti. That said, I can't find it. Anyone know more?

The Lightning might not have been overly confident about their chances - Canberra aren't afraid of spending up on their roster and have loosened up without LJ's salary.

Tiny bit more info here.

Topic #8516 | Report this topic

baller  
Years ago

Not sure about where it was supposed to be on the wnbl.com.au website but it is correct. The Caps have snatched her up quick.

Reply #95132 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Its not on the WNBL web site. I can't find it anywhere. Is it true as I've heard Dandenong was the front runner. There was 3 clubs after her.

Reply #95151 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It's true, the Caps here in Berra signed her yesterday. It was a toss up between Adelaide, Dandenong and the Caps.

Reply #95157 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

LJ's money wasn't huge with the Caps, she was a so-called 'max' player, (anyone know what a max WNBL player earns) but remember she signed an contract with the WNBL (I think) that topped up her money to a more respectable level.

Reply #95158 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's no longer on the WNBL site (must've been removed for some reason) but both Boti and Mike Daws have confirmed they saw it there yesterday.

Reply #95160 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Maybe it was removed because it may not true?

Reply #95163 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They wouldn't have had official comments from the club if it weren't.

Reply #95165 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Here are some links to articles in todays Canberra Times.

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=basketball&story_id=507723&category=Basketball&m=9&y=2006

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=basketball&story_id=507394&category=Basketball&m=9&y=2006

Oh, on another note, it's also possible that Alana Beard may also return for the Caps on a temp basis. If true than she's a great replacement for LJ whilst she's here. Caps also picked up Bibby fron Dandenong and Cunningham from Bullen. Things are looking good here in berra.

Reply #95167 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Maybe it was a smoke screen?

Reply #95168 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Fair enough! I was only hoping.

Reply #95174 | Report this post

fanbase  
Years ago

Bibby is a gun

Reply #95200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deff true. Shame, because I wanted her to come back home!!

Reply #95222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can't blame her if the opportunity is there for better money.
Not like she is going to the pack by joining capitals.

there is a major shortage of number 5s

Reply #95244 | Report this post

New player  
Years ago

Dear oh Dear
Abby playing games again promising one thing & then doing another
Same ol I'm afraid!
Great tallent,but head/ego not right, disappointing for us!

Reply #95250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New Player, i dont think she actually promised anything did she?? She had 3 offers which each club would have known that the others had offered her a spot so they knew that they only had a 33% cahnce of getting her.

Reply #95271 | Report this post

tys  
Years ago

i love abby and she is my best friend

Reply #95397 | Report this post

IzzyT  
Years ago

I have direct contact with Abby & her original words were that she wanted to finish her 2 year contract with the AIS & return home to South Australia to be closer to her mum & long time country/Adelaide friends.
Obviously not happening now which is extremely disappointing.

Technically she did not make any promises, but those words would normally be a sealer for a future return, NEVER SAY ONE THING & TWIST TO ANOTHER, not a great way to receive any respect, it's very unfortunate but this could lead to future disappointments especially when she did not contact any other clubs & let them know, they all found out via the web.

Reply #95940 | Report this post

tizzyY  
Years ago

are you honestly kidding, i have direct contact with abby aswell and she didnt have to call the clubs and let them know. Who ever her manager is does that, She never said she wanted to go back to adelaide, last i heard her mum doesnt live in adelaide. Give the girl a go would ya....

Reply #96255 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754