Phizzer
Years ago

Sixers vs Slingers Sept 20

So, who's going?

I got my tickets!

Topic #8520 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

you are flying to Singapore for the game?

Reply #95184 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Not going. Wish I was.
Very disapointed that FOX isnt showing it either.

Have you got good seats Phizzer?

Reply #95186 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

I've never been to Indoor Stadium before skip, but it's next to a corporate box, so I assume they're good.

Kent, I'm already in Singapore, I was so excited I flew here and not waiting around for the game. No, seriously, I live and work here.

Looks like I'll have to do a Johnno and post a full review of the game!

Reply #95187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be awesome Phizzer review it for us mate!

Reply #95195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Ngs are organising a group of about 10+ people to go over and watch the game

Reply #95203 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Is that including Marcus?

Reply #95208 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Lol, good one.

Reply #95257 | Report this post

Defence win Games  
Years ago

I will be there too.

I went to the Singapore Cup matches and while the stadium does not have the same great feeling as the Dome it is kind of ok and the organisers are working hard to make it a success.

There are video screens ( can be seen from all sides) which showed replays during Singapore cup . Most likely they will also be used for the scoreboard which will be an improvement on Singapore Cup. The entertainment in the breaks was better at the Singapore Cup than at most of the matches at the Dome. MusicMan still play the better songs but I am sure it will not be long before he will get some competition.

Adelaide will the hot favority - but Helms could spoil the trip for most 36ers fans.

Reply #95260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Chandler - what is he like? I have a strange feeling about this one - I think the long trip, and being the first game for the new team, might cause some headaches for a new look Sixers team who will need some time to gel.

Reply #95264 | Report this post

Defence win Games  
Years ago

I do not think the long trip should have that much impact . It is really not that far away if the players can get a direct flight.

Presently, at least on paper , the 36ers looks the most competent team inparticular as it has not yet been confirmed that Ben Melmeth and Pero will play .

I have not seen enough of Chandler to be able to give fair opinion .The reports from the recent matches in OZ are not too impressive but then again he was totally new to the team . He is no Mike Helms but generally Bob Turner can spot talent so lets' wait and see if Chandler later in the season can become the versatile player they have been looking for.

Reply #95282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there anything we can do to try and get Fox to telecast the game? they're not showing any other game that night.

Reply #95293 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Fox may find the buget for a Kings game in Singapore, but there is no way they would spend the $$ just to beam it back for a mainly SA audience.

Reply #95463 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:30 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754