36ers 13
Wildcats 15
Taipans 21
Crocs 21
Slingers 34
Dragons 34
Breakers 41
Razorbacks 61

The bargains in that, in my opinion, look to be the Tigers, Taipans and Dragons. Tigers are a championship team with a superior roster after minimal changes - if Anstey is safely over his injury, they'd be favourites and $5 is a good bet. Cairns have Mee to naturalise and will bring in Thornton. If Owens is any good, they'll be better than this tips them. And the Dragons may just outscore anyone - I would've expected odds half of what's listed even if they are unknowns. I'd put the Slingers below the Dragons and Breakers too.

36ers are reasonable - 4-6th favourite is fair I think.

Topic #8526 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Who are these odds thru Isaac?

Curious as to how they came up with them. I dont expect the Breakers to win it but would have thought they would have lowers odds than more than one team.

Reply #95277 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Centrebet I think?

Reply #95279 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind putting a lazy $10 on the Tigers or the Taipans.

Reply #95287 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Centrebet it is. I've gone $100 on Melbourne, and $20 each on Cairns and South. And if the 36ers or Breakers win, then I don't need a payout to be happy. :P

Reply #95288 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

You reckon the tigers can go back to back Isaac ? Big call considering we dont know how well Anstey will pull up.

It'll be less petrol $ in the Ferrari for you if they choke. $100 in Premium Unleaded should just about fill it!

Reply #95310 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Same roster. Dench in for Mottram. Plus Crosswell. Same venue, same coach, same core. They were underrated all of last year and then romped home in the grand final series. I reckon they could lose anyone but Anstey and maybe DT and be safe for top four.

Certainly better value than Bullets at $3 or the Kings (who I think will be middle of the pack unless they get another good import).

Reply #95324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

come on with the sydney training camp, i mean the world cup! surely they will be alright throwing in a couple of imports!
i cant believe gorg took kendall,barlow and hinder over. worthington and smith deserved there spots but to leave out holmes, that was just plain rude.
but anyway sydney will go pretty good

Reply #95377 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

There were huge expectations on Brisbane before the start of last season as well. They looked great on paper but that was it. The same story repeats itself now. I think you need to see atleast 3 or 4 games from them to get a better idea on their compatability as a team.

Reply #95387 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bullets are now 2.75, Kings have dropped to 4, Tigers up to 4.5. Hawks have slipped a tiny bit, Wildcats improved from 15 to be level with Adelaide on 13.

Dragons have gone from 34 to 26. Breakers, Slingers and Pigs have slipped.

I'm surprised the Taipans haven't moved at all.

Reply #95542 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:47 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754