Anonymous
Years ago

Slingers Vs Sixers - NOT on Fox!!!

I don't understand why foxtel aren't showing this match. I know plenty of people who want to watch it and would if it was being shown. It's the first match of the season and it's in Singapore where the Slingers will play they're first nbl game!

Is there somehow we can get Fox to show it?

Topic #8529 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Damn, you just go me all excited that they were now showing it.

I very much doubt it.

Reply #95321 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Why don't you ring them and ask??????

Reply #95327 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

DB5, see, by "we" he means anyone else but him should get Fox to show it.

Reply #95329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's their number?

Reply #95330 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

why wouldn't the NBL put a push on Fox to show the game? Its a new team, 1st game! great exposure for the leauge,another thrown away oppertunity! So Frigen sad!!!!!!

Reply #95333 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ahh I get it now Phizzer...
131 999
or google Foxtel...duh.

Reply #95339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread title is a little misleading, makes it sound like it will be on.

Reply #95362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is frigen frustrating.

What the hell is the league doing with Foxtel. If Foxtel can't get off their butts and open the season with a bang - I am getting Foxtel installed today - It makes me wonder why the heck I am???!!!

First ever NBL game in Singapore - even more so - FIRST F***ING GAME OF THE NEW SEASON - come on FOXTEL pull your finger out.

If I was the league commissioner I would certainly be offering the First Game to FREE-TO-AIR (saying to Foxtel - too bad so sad!) - don't care what the contract is between the league and Foxtel. If they can't be bothered to telecast the season opener (no matter where it is) then I feel this is a breech of an agreement for Foxtel to have exclusive rights.

Sell the game off to Free-to-Air or force Foxtel to coverage it if they are the exclusive television of the NBL or they can go jump!!!

Reply #95405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suggest everyone jump on Foxtel and force them to show it - what are we paying them for!!!

http://foxtel.com.au/CustomerService.htm

and send an online email to the customer service advocate
Stephen Caithness

and fill out the Program Information/Enquiries form (for specific program enquiry)

or call CUSTOMER SERVICE 131 999

For now thats all we can do - unless someone can find a contact directly involved with the programming contract with the NBL and get their email address -boy I would love to send an email there!

Reply #95406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also - perhaps contact the NBL through their website...

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=feedback

or perhaps if someone can provide an email address of the guy responsible (perhaps Rick Burton's email address - I think he should be the man to rectify the problem here)

What an opportunity to sell an idea of expanding into other countries - gone down the drain!! Very Silly and irresponsible business practice.

Reply #95407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:22 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754