Bully
Years ago

Black shoes for reffing

Hi all, i am a referee who is having trouble finding all black shoes, just wondering where is the best place to buy them, i have been to footlocker at marion, rebel at marion and amart s where else could i find them?

I need ones that have good ankle support though cos i have really weak ankles.

Thanks in advance

Topic #8545 | Report this topic

ITA  
Years ago

Try looking on eastbay if you dont mind waiting for postage (usually a few weeks), there looks to be a few options there.

If you have "weak ankles" are you doing anything to strengthen the areas where you are weak, or do you believe shoes will "fix all". Yes the shoes will make a difference, but consider doing some work yourself.

Also consider that although shoes with increased ankle support limit ankle eversion range (rolling ankle), they increase shock transmission (not considered good) and reduce both running and jumping performance (but i guess if you are a ref performance aint that important ;), err... running and jumping performance that is), (Brizuela et al., 1997).

Good luck.

Reply #95500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

try converse shop at harbor town

Reply #95508 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

Or consider wearing an ankle brace

Reply #95596 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

That's fantastic... teach him to be lazy... wear ankle braces, you'll be right. lets bandaid the symptoms rather that look for a cause.

Why do so many people think braces are the answer to all ankle problems.

Yes there is a time and a place for a brace, but it's like taking a diet pill and still eating maccas five times a day inbetween meals, or going to maccas and saying "i'll have one of everything on the menu, but make it a diet coke, I'm on a diet."

Reply #95631 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

Dont worry ITA, i know who MC is and i know exactly y he is saying that, he is being a smart a**. Thanks for your help people and i tried Harbour Town today but nothing that im looking for. I am looking in the City tommorrow so thanks again.

Reply #95654 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

No worries Bully,

good luck.

Reply #95677 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:20 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754