Isaac
Years ago

ABL Tipping Competition Results

It's been a while, but that's because BillyHo's been trying to sort out a prize with the winner I assume. That prize was provided generously (unless they came to some other arrangement?) by CustomTel SA for the second straight year. If you're on the look out for phone systems, support a company who supports the fans of the ABL.

The 2006 ABL Tipping Competition was won by Indiana on 166 points (75% correct tips), who narrowly defeated Arnie. From there, it was a four-point gap down to guesswork and forum regular tonyblair. A pack on 160 points filled out the remaining top ten positions - the top ten tipsters are listed below:

Indiana
Arnie
guesswork
tonyblair
Bob Knight
Deano
isaac
Darko31
doddbird
hustle

Congratulations to Indiana!

I'd like people to carefully ignore the fact that Deano beat me on accumulated margin and pay more attention to my miraculous late form that saw me overtake my mum who'd been talking tipping trash all season.

This season was a comfortable record for tipsters I think with 137 participants. Hardly a voting bloc of participants, but up on last year and a bit of fun nonetheless.

Thanks to CustomTel SA and everyone who signed up to take part - the tipping competition is provided to try and spread a bit of interest in the ABL and I think credit goes to CustomTel SA for the sponsorship and anyone who gets involved in tipping, plus those talking about their tips and the league.

Not least of all by a long shot, huge thanks to Quentin Zervaas who provided the tipping website and runs an annual NBL competition as well. He's responsible for the upcoming 36ers tipping competition and I'd hope everyone will be joining that in the next few days when it's launched.

Topic #8566 | Report this topic

Tony Blair  
Years ago

count me in!

well done on beating your mum Isaac but was it a good political move??

great job Indiana on the win, and thanks to CustomTel SA for putting up the prize for the comp.

Reply #95771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't believe thedoctor hasn't moved in for a mum joke yet!

I guess he doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds his obvious hunger for this forum.

Reply #95781 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Thanks to Billy Ho for the great prize.
The remote phone system and 3 hand sets will come in handy , especially with two daughters.

Thanks to Issac for organising the comp and Arnie , bad luck in the last two rounds , I thought you had me!

Reply #96072 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:31 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754