Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Season Opener - NOT on FOX - Reply

I am the person that in a previous thread - 'Slingers v Sixers Not on Fox' said to get on line and fill out feedback forms to both Foxtel and the NBL.

Well this is a response from the NBL with regards to my feedback re the season opener not being shown on FOXTEL.

"Thanks for the email.

I have forwarded your feedback onto the NBL's Broadcast Manager and our contacts at Fox Sports.

The reason for not broadcasting the season opener is that at the time of scheduling the first few rounds for Fox a Broadcast Partner in Singapore had not been agreed on as such the NBL had to decide on an alternate game to telecast."

-----
Hopefully, this means they will now attempt to find a broadcast partner (or have) and will attempt to have Foxtel show the season opener. Who knows?? There may still be hope!!

You can still have your say in the same manner by filling out the same feedback form (in a professional and curtious manner)...on the nbl site at http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=feedback

Trust me it does get read and it hopefully does get actioned.

Topic #8569 | Report this topic

Slinger  
Years ago

There is only one broadcast partner in Singapore, Mediacorp, which is run and owned by the government. (well, PM's wife) so if they can't negotiate with them, in trouble aren't they?

Reply #95795 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754