Gardens Rec Centre 3 on 3 Tournament

The Gardens Recreation Centre is hosting a 3 on 3 Tournament over the Australia Day Long Weekend (January 26th & 27th 2007). The weekend will include the 3 on 3 Tournament, 1 on 1 Challenge, 3 Point Shoot Out and Half Court Shoot Out and be open for Senior Men, Women and Mixed (depending on demand) as well as Junior U14, U16 & U18.

Currently we are looking for expression of interest from potential teams, competitors, volunteers, officials, umpires, DJ's/ MC's and potential sponsors of the event. We are hoping to hold an event which has a focus on the 'basketball culture' with entertainment and value for money.

We are open for suggestions from the general public to try and make this event attractive for all so please don't hesitate to make any reasonable suggestions which could enhance the weekend.

Costs, prizes and nomination details will be released closer to the Tournament and we will post updates via Hoops SA as well as on our basketball website (www.gardens.basketball.net.au). Please direct all phone enquiries to Adrian George or Corey Maclean at The Gardens Recreation Centre on 8281 4888.

Topic #8575 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

Where is the centre?

Reply #95856 | Report this post

PG BOY  
Years ago

It's in Parafield Gardens.

Reply #95858 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Im guessing Salisbury ? given that there are links to the City of Salisbury ?

Anyone know for sure?

I would have thought that the website would list an address for the "Gardens " ????

Reply #95859 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The Gardens Recreation Centre is:

Kings Road
Parafield Gardens

Reply #95860 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

STOP cutting Bear's lunch! Sunday nights at Wayville is the place to be.

Reply #95863 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I dont think hosting a one off (or perhaps yearly) event is cutting someones lunch.
All the best to them I say.

Reply #95866 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

good stadium out there as well, no rats...

Reply #95879 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Skippy - Are you trying to tell me I'm wrong?

Reply #95885 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Yes, I am.

Reply #95888 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Well Skip, I'm here to tell you that you're a joke who has no idea what you're talking about.

Two 3 on 3 events on one weekend won't work.

The Flower Garden Rec Educational Centre 3 on 3 tournament is cutting Bear's lunch!

Reply #95891 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Bolly - How does a one off tournament on a Friday and a Saturday (26th & 27th Jan) inflict on Bears 3 on 3 on Sundays?

I would be more concerned about the clash of the Sixers game on the Saturday night if I was the event organisers. Hopefully it is being run during the day tho.

Reply #95895 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Manute,

I have to agree with skip.

Think about it. Even if they were on the same night...Can there be no more than 1 basketball game per night in adelaide? Just because it is 3 on 3, how is it different to The Gardens Rec centre holding a "normal" game on the same night as Wayville? The more places that offer games the better (so long as they have numbers). You would not be complaining if they offered a new 5 on 5 league on the same night as Wayville, saying they are cutting Wayvilles lunch.

I think you need to relax and put it into perspective.

Reply #95970 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

ITA - I'll take on board on you're telling me then I'll dismiss it immediately!

An on going 3 on 3 tournament such as Bear's Intense 3 on 3 basketball is a lot better than some random 'once off' money making event for some rec club that couldn't give a crap about the game.

Before you know it they'll be trying to enter another Adelaide NBL team called the Garden Tools coached by Don Burke because it provides an alternative.

Reply #95990 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Are you really Manute Bol? or is it Manute Bell?

Reply #95992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 Salesmen once went to Calcutta to sell a new brand of thong (the kind on your feet). The 1st salesmen went there and was extremely disheartened when he got off the plane. He rang his boss and said; boss, everyone here already has thongs and there is no way we can succeed in this market. His boss agreed and said you had better come back. His boss decided to send another salesman but did not tell him about the 1st salesman. The 2nd salesman got off the plane and was extremely excited. He rang his boss and said boss this is going to be awesome - everyone has thongs and I'm sure they will love our new and improve thong.

Sorry. Manute has made some very, very funny posts but this one dissapoints me big fella. I think you loosing it in ur old age and need to get back with goooni gu gu.

1st salesman = looser = manute
2nd salesman = winner

Both these comps will just get more people into basketball. Competition is what the world is about. Let the market decide which one should succeed.

Reply #95993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Bear is so professional Manute, Why did I see him advertising clinics for North Adlelaide in the school holidays specifically for North. No BEAR BASKETBALL mentioned at all. Perhaps a bit of moon lightning on the side or just very unprofessional. I haven't even heard of the 3 0n 3 comp and to be honest good luck to someone helping to highlight basketball in their local area. The more the better. Thats the problem with Basketball people is that as soon as someone starts something different they get shot down because other competitiors feel threatened.

Reply #95994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the Gardens Rec centre wouldn't be able to try and enter another team in the NBL because Paul Bell and friends are already trying to do that!!

Reply #95997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the north camp is being run as a part of Bear and Paul Robinson being part of the senior coaching group out there. And if you did actually get a flyer it has got on there that the camp s supported by Bear Basketball. I think both are great ideas and at the end of the day are at different ends of town. Keep up the good work Bear and good luck to the rec centre with theirs.

Reply #95999 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Skip - I'm not Paul Bell. Are you Don Burke?

Anon 95993 - Time you got off the drugs buddy. Your story about the thongs is pathetic and makes no sense. You failed to mention if the young hero salesman sold any new thongs. The story sounds like your life, all talk no show.

Stop trying to be Confucius, get back to reality and STOP dropping E's!

Anon 95994 - If Bear wants to do school clinics for North then good on him. Just in case you didn't know, HE COACHES THERE. At least he's doing something for grass roots basketball unlike yourself who gets off on try hard 3 on 3 comps run by rec centers.

Anon 95997 - You're Luggage!

Reply #96001 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Manute - Have you never played for two teams on different nights of the week? And if not do you think it is wrong for the many people who do?

Seriously, pull your 7'7" frame our of Bear Basketballs rear end and back into reality.

Reply #96005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is this Manute Bol? When you insult people like you are you are losing and argument. A bit of a chip on the shoulder do we?

Reply #96009 | Report this post

Years ago

Manute you lanky prick. I think that african sun in your childhood rotted your brain:

- Yes! more thongs were sold. That is the moral of the story.
- I know I sound like confucious but I am just trying to enlighten you. I would love to see you follow in my path son but I doubt much of the lesson was actually understood.
- In terms of my life been all talk and no show. That is just sooo funny, seriously I laughed. I guess you can just keep on guessing.

Don't be ashamed, I am sure if you had a descent education we would be making sense.

Keep up the good work Bear Basketball and The Gardens Rec Centre. Do your thing.

Reply #96012 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Manute,

You have made some extremely funny posts in the past but what you are saying in this thread is just ridiculous. For a start the two 3 on 3 comps are being held at opposite ends of the city, the Gardens comp is a once a year thing not every week - so how is it cutting Bears lunch?

One last thing how much is Bear Bank rolling you for your comments in this thread?

Reply #96016 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Guys, the Rec Centre is a government funded community centre who operate as a not-for-profit organisation who's motivation is to provide young people a place to play ball. There is no 'money-making' aspect to it.

It still surprises me when efforts like this cop flak from people. The same people who complain about the lack of exposure the game attracts, the number of people playing ball these days, how basketball is falling behind footy/soccer etc.

I think Bear's efforts can be nothing but beneficial for the game, and community events like the Rec Centre 3 on 3 should be supported. Corey McLean is one of the organisers. He has coached juniors at West for a very long time and is a tireless supporter of grass roots ball.

Manute, not sure what your getting at here at all, but I think your way off the mark

Reply #96017 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Skip - I think it's wrong that you continue to post crap on the forum. No one gives a crap about what you think. How about you take your head out of your own behind and get back to reality. You're delusional so get off the hard stuff like your bum buddy anon 95993 and just say no to drugs because I'm sick of my taxes being used to support your drug habit.

Now stop wasting my time you TRY HARD, I've got work to do.

Anon 95993 - No one likes you!

Ah, my good friend Bizzy. I knew it wouldn't take you long to give me your uneducated opinion on this issue and to pad your stats as usual. I've stated my reasons so deal with it and don't do drugs to heal your problems otherwise you'll end up like Skip and Anon 95993.

Reply #96020 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Manute,

I still don't see your problem with the Rec Centres 3 on 3 comp, as thedoctor pointed out The Gardens is funded by the Salisbury Council and is a not-for-profit organisation. You seem to be all about grass roots bball and this ONCE a year tournament run at the Rec Centre is doing just that, helping grass roots bball.

Bol I think having your head up in the clouds all day is starting to mess with your mind. Try squating down for a while, the air is a hell of a lot less thinner down here.

Reply #96022 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Say what you want about me Manute, I couldnt care less.
But it seems pretty obvious that nobody shares your views.
Just like 7'7' people are, you are the minority.

Reply #96024 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

thedoctor - No one makes any money from the garden 3 on 3 tournament? I'm sick of all the feel good stories. Where does the money go then .... charity.

You make stupid statements like that then say I'm off the mark. You've got issues.

I'm not responding to anymore comments regarding this topic.

Garden flowers rec centre pepsi challange 3 on 3 tournament is a joke!!

Reply #96026 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Bol,

The only reason you are not going to reply is because you have been 0wned numerous times in this one thread. As Skip said, you are the minority.

Reply #96027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

such a temper. did the warriors say no?

Reply #96028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a Dick!!

Reply #96031 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Yes Manute - no one makes money. It's a community centre, the money goes back into the community centre for more programs, juniour leagues, after-school comps etc. Why is that so hard to understand?

I think you have about as much credibility now as a genetically engineered hybrid of The Awnswer, Sixers33 and John Lawrence.

Reply #96050 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Bizzy - You're a wanker!

thedoctor - don't associate me with that list. You're the one that should be added to that list. What credibility do you have? What have you ever done for the sport?

Reply #96059 | Report this post

Gene Banks  
Years ago

I think you 'idiots' have taken Manute too seriously! Who really cares this much about a 3 on 3 Pepsi Max comp?

Doc, get a grip mate. Watch your blood pressure, i'd hate to see how you overreact to a worthwhile cause! Bizzy, once again, keep padding away with rubbish. Bit harsh comparing Manute to 'The Awnswer, Sixers33 and John Lawrence', there just not funny and at all insightful.

Manute, time to chill on these mofos!

Reply #96061 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Manute - the question is what have YOU done for the sport? Everything you have posted is going against supporting grass roots basketball. If you were a true ambassador for the sport, you would be encouraging more comps like this one.

Please climb back under your rock or maybe your donkey or something.

Reply #96062 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

I had know idea just how much you were doing the for the game of Basketball manute?? Doc is on the money, your spot on that list is well deserved!

Reply #96063 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

The Doc is spot on... Has one of the said posters hijacked Manute's computer and posting under his name.

Manute, Manute, Manute... If you read what people write and think about it rather than dismiss it immediately as you admit to doing, then maybe your reply will sound somewhat educated and you wont get shut down 17 times in one thread thus far.

Relax. There is room for more than one comp in Adelaide.

Reply #96064 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Just shedding some light on the comp, who is running it and what their motivations are. Seems Manute needed the concept of not-for-profit spelled out in plain English. My Sudanese is a bit shaky, so maybe someone could translate.

Reply #96065 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Hey Bizzy, I've done more for the sport than you ever have. I wouldn't call dancing around like a beached dugong at Sixers games entertaining. You're a joke and everyone knows it.

Lloyd - No one invited you so piss off.

ITA - I haven't been shut down at all and no else uses my computer but me. I gave my opinion then bunch of uneducated wankers like you came on and started having a go at me. Back in your box buddy!

Reply #96066 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

So educate us Bol. Why is this such a bad thing?
Should all basketball teams, leagues etc not associated with Bear Basketball be shut down?

Im curious to know why you have such cement views on this matter?

Reply #96067 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

I question it's motives. If they're so interested providing a service to help the basketball community then why is it a once off. Shouldn't it be a regular thing?

Reply #96073 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Don't regular things usually begin with a first time? If you had bother to ask, or even read what I'd posted before, then you would know that it is a government funded community centre that does run regular comps, holiday coaching clinics, primary school comps etc. The 3 on 3 comp is an idea that may or may not be successful, but the point of the thread was to get ideas to help make it work.

I believe Corey has a grant from the Council to hold the event which will go toward covering the expenses of putting it on. Any money goes back into the centre for further programs.

What motives do you think they have? These centres run at a loss as it is and are relying on funding to work. If anything an event like this helps them be a little more self sufficient so they can provide better programs for any kids that want to play.

Reply #96080 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Manute,

You are not winning any friends by calling them "uneducated wankers".

Secondly, I did not "have a go" at you personally son, just your comment I disagreed with and initially gave an example of why I believe your comments on the issue to be invalid.

Try to have an adult conversation with healthy debate based on reason, rather than resort to name calling. Or is that uneducated because I haven't been taught to cuss at you?

But hey, I'll get back in my box.

Reply #96132 | Report this post

Shawn Bradley  
Years ago

Bizzy, doc, skip, ITA and co.

If any of you could take Manute's posts in the context of his posting history, you'll know he's thrown a hook in the water with a dirty, great big stinky worm, and you've all bitten off more than you can chew. You should be ashamed. Especially you doc and skip; you should by now know the difference between a worm on a hook, and just a worm.
ITA - you're posts make me guess you're a wannabe baller, Uni bum. This is a basketball forum dude, no need to be quote sources here (and just for some constructive criticism, if you're going to use the Harvard referencing system, you've got to include a bibliography to explain you in text reference, sport.)

But what disappoints me about this entire thread is no-one picked up 95993 and his philosophical rant ...

Don't be ashamed, I am sure if you had a descent education we would be making sense.

It's spelled decent!
Unless you meant his education was obtained falling down the western face of Everest, then you've shot flake of credibility your Indian salesman may have given you.

Power be to the 3-on-3, regardless of when, where, or who.

Shawn Bradley out!

Reply #96144 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I did consider that Shawn, but usually Manute makes slightly amusing posts about the Sudanese Basketball League, goats, getting dunked on etc etc. Here he has just insulted a whole lot of poeple and undermined the efforts of the Rec Centre by claiming they are in it for the $$$$.

I don't think he is fishing - because it's simply not funny. If he is, then he should think about the time and effort being put in by these guys.

But, as you have correctly pointed out, I have no f*cking idea what the thong story is about.

Reply #96169 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Shawn I did not post the thong story, so I am sorry you didn't like it, however it was not me. I was more concerned with answering (not awnsering) manute.

PS I am not a "wannabe baller", as I do plenty for the game son, I'm sure you can work out who I am then you would not be saying this. Also if you are going to try and sound like you know what I am talking about, I never used Harvard, in posting here I used APA. Sometimes on here also people need to determine what is opinion from something more substantial than that, so I sometimes give a source, rather than post the whole thing I give as much info as I would during a lecture for students to find the source themself.

Shawn, one last thing mate. You realise after all of our ranting BS that we actually posted agreeing on the main issue being debated...

"Power be to the 3-on-3, regardless of when, where, or who."

That was you, unfortunately I cannot make the little orange quote line like you but i'll use the old way ;)

That is the point i was getting to manute as well.

Reply #96242 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

It sounds like MINUTE BALLS has small man syndrome?

Reply #96277 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754