Statman
Years ago

Thursdays article - re Paul Rees

Hi all,

has anyone got a transcript or a link to yesterdays bball article? It appears from the forum posting on the 6ers site by a 'Don Shipway' that there may have been some interesting reading. I couldnt find it online so was hoping someone (probably Isaac - hey the Don Shipway isnt you by any change is it?) here may have it - or possibly fill me in on what was said.

hope someone can help

Cheers

Stats

Topic #858 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Not sure what it was refering but from reading it there seems to have been some grief about Paul Rees getting a couple of tickets so his parents could watch his 450th game

Reply #9347 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don Shipway is not me. My username on the Sixers forum is "antic".

In a nutshell, the players are no longer given two complimentary tickets per game for family or friends (just one for their partner). Paul Rees found out on game day that he'd have to buy two tickets so that his parents could watch his 450th game.

Reply #9571 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

And they couldn't spare 2 seats for Ressy's 450? That's a bit silly, considering the stadium was half-full (or half empty) anyhow.

Why not give the players the 2 tickets each? It's not like they're going to sell them!

Reply #9574 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754