Isaac
Years ago

NBL ranks the small forwards

Here's the article

Mackinnon, Saville, Newley are the top three. Majstro and Grabau are too low at 18 and 19 IMO. I would put Holmes ahead of both young Kings too, and Hoare over Crawford.

Topic #8587 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

MacKinnon has to be the most over-rated player in the NBL. Sure, experience counts for something, but not if you're having 2 point 5 rebound games, of which I'm sure he had many over the last few years. I remember him going scoreless one game against the sixers at the dome. He should be down around 10 IMO.

Reply #96002 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I disagree. Mackinnon showed in the World Champs and last year that he is one of our best. Statistically, he was the second best player in the NBL last year, behind only Anstey.

13.9 PPG, 9.7 RPG, then a handy 4.5 APG and 1.4 BPG and 1.5 SPG - very well-rounded stats.

Against the 36ers last year: 22 and 8; 19, 11 and 7; and 9, 6 and 3.

Reply #96004 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Lockstock,

I remember Saville going through some pretty rough patches in the last 18 months too. But no-one would say he is over-rated.

Sammy Mac is a player that will play well above his own height every night. Some nights he will barely touch the ball within range, but he is always boxing out and setting screens and getting in the lanes.

The stats from the WC are an example of how a good player can get HIS when the system isn't always working .

He would be in my top 5 defensive match-up players in the league for his versatility and heart.

Reply #96008 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

He always looks very casual on court as well - and he makes getting well above the rim look so easy......Geez I hate that!

Reply #96011 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

Saville is a leader and i think he will put a fairly average team up for a finals contendor this season.

Has anyone noticed how even this years competition is going to be? The only weak link is the pigs and possibly the slingers. Although South too, if an injury occurs in (36 year old?) Heal or J.Holmes the team will crumble

Reply #96013 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Mackinnon is a gun player, but CAT OWNS HIM! Every time they play Cat has his measure.

Reply #96019 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I stand corrected

Reply #96025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jacob is gonna have his best season yet at the dragons, i definately would have rated him better then the sydney boys. He'll get some big double doubles im thinking.

Reply #96364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #403135 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754