Bulldog
Years ago

Women's world champs

I have a couple of queries regarding the women's world champs on in Brazil.

There was plenty of talk about the Boomers (in particular Boy Goorj), but now that the women are taking on the world (and have every chance for gold in my opinion) nobody seems to care. As basketball fans, shouldn't everyone hear be cheering on the girls, in particular the Lightning contingent of Jan, Erin, Laura and Screeny? I would have thought there would be talk considering Laura, Erin and Screeny have all seen some decent minutes.

Or dont people here care unless there is something to complain about?

Secondly, I must have a gripe myself, I have been looking through the fox sports schedule and see only the gold medal game after the minor rounds, how disappointing is that? Personally I want to see Australia's whole campaign, not three walkovers and then the gold medal game (if they get there).

Topic #8607 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

keep a close eye on fox - opals v brazil and opals v argentina are on tuesday early evening I believe.

fox schedule is very unreliable.

we will see as much as the opals go - ie why they stay in tourney last minute TV scheduling will take place

only game not shown so far is opals v spain - we won by 4

Reply #96405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The games have been played on Fox during the day (with the exception of the Canada game). Why when the Men played (who had no change of ever making the finals) did the games get shown both AM and PM time slots so that people who work can also enjoy tha games???

I think it has been a very poor showing from the media. We have a legitimate chance of taking the gold medal and the media have shown very little interest in it at all. Other than Boti's updates in the paper, which are great, there has been only the occasional comment during the sports updates that the women have one - there has been no highlights are anything.

Fox had originally planned to show the womens first 3 games AM and PM but decided to change the schedule to show the cricket which Australia was not even playing in!!!!!!!!!!! What does this show for Women's basketball!!!!!!

All in all it has been very disappointing that I have had to go to the Web to keep track of scores and the progress of our Australia women!

Reply #96418 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

yes two matches on tuesday 19th september starting at 2.30pm -5pm.
as long as the girls keep winning, I think we will have replays,but it's anybody's guess when. foxtel seem to change their programmes to suit themselves and not the general public.

Reply #96473 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754