The Awnser
Years ago

ALL-STAR GAME

can anyone tell me how much tix will be for the game? will season ticket holders for the sixers get 1st choice? cheers

Topic #8615 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

Why would 36ers season ticket holders get first dibs?

This is a NBL run event, not a 36ers run event, so should be open to everyone.

Some of us like our basketball, but for differing reasons cant get season tickets, why should we be disadvantaged?

Reply #96460 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

well, is that our fault? just because you do not have season tickets? why shoulld season ticket holders not get in 1st?

Reply #96461 | Report this post

Sir Swish  
Years ago

I would have to agree with "the Awnser"!! I think 36er season ticket holders should get 1st preference on tickets. The event is to be held in Adelaide, which would mean the majority of people attending the game will be Adelaide fans. Of those Adelaide fans I think the true supporters of the only Adelaide team in the National Comp(Season Ticket Holders) should therefore get preference. They have shown not only a dedication to the 36ers but to the NBL. I dont think it is fair that a true supporter should miss out just because your average fan thinks it would be a good spectacle. Not really fair to the dedicated supporters of Adelaide and the NBL!!

Reply #96465 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I agree Sir Swish. Season ticket holders who part with their money year after year regardless of cost are the ones who show the most support for the team and the league. Yogee don't differentiate between the 36ers and the NBL, the 36ers are part of the NBL. In fact I would prefer preference go to interstate season ticket holders over casual Adelaide attendees. Just because it is held in Adelaide, doesn't mean its only an Adelaide event.

Reply #96467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok.....this is purely my example only....

I am rostered to stat at least 4 36er games this season (I know my choice, I dont have to etc).....also in a job I am hopefully about to start, I can be rostered basically 24/7....so that would exclude me from a couple more games.

Why would I part with a substantial wad of cash when I might only be able to make half the games?

Why should I be discriminated against for something like an All*Star game, just because my situation no longer allows me to get season tickets. Does the 10 seasons I had tickets for count at all?? If not, why not??

36er members gets preferred seating for finals, and plenty of other benefits, they dont need benefits for a NON 36er managed event as well.

Reply #96474 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

The idea of preference tickets is great for 36ers season ticket holders (like me) but personally i feel it should just be first in , first serve.
Season ticket holders get preference tickets for finals because the Sixers are playing, why should they get preference for a game where practically every team is represented....
Thats my two cents worth....

Any ideas when tickets will be released and pricing though??

Reply #96478 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

What are the chances that the game sells out? Probably not that high IMO.

If you really want tickets you will get them.

I would prefer to be in the back row of a sold out Dome than in my usual seats of a half full stadium. Preference seating is kinda missing the point in my opinion.

Reply #96480 | Report this post

Farley Boys Rep  
Years ago

Ok Sir Swish, You my friend are a complete muppet! you said .....I dont think it is fair that a true supporter should miss out just because your average fan thinks it would be a good spectacle. .... Your a DICKHEAD.. define a true supporter please... I have missed a total of one games in 4 seasons and are part of an extremely passionate group called the farley boys! I do not have season tickets for several reasons. number one because i often get free tickets from a relative on the 36ers coaching staff and number two because it is not easy to get 6 farley boys in the same spot all season especially when we have other friends and partners that want to come with us sometimes. I wasnt going to post on this topic until i read your ridiculous Muppet like post all fans in south australia should have the opportunity to get tickets to the all star game regardless of wether they are members or not. think about the fans in adelaide that suppport interstate teams and want to see their favourite players playing at the dome... stop being so selfish and plain stupid.... you muppet

Reply #96489 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I have a feeling that there will be tickets to be sold on the day.

"You my friend are a complete muppet!"

Well, you certainly made him feel like an idiot with that remark. No wait he was embarassed. For you.

"Your a DICKHEAD"

Original.

"stop being so selfish and plain stupid.... you muppet"

Your a real hero.

Reply #96492 | Report this post

Farley Boys Rep  
Years ago

Just puttin my views out there mate. The Muppet Sang.. And it Burns Burns Burns, the Ring of Fire... The Ring Of Fire!

Reply #96495 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

So preference to 36er season ticket holders, and what about those travelling from interstate to see the game?

I'm not sure how many would be heading to Adelaide for the game, but I know that there was quite a large number of interstaters that headed to Sydeny for the one up there.

It is plain and simple a NBL run event, that is promoting the league. It is moved year to year as that is the best thing for the league and the fans.

As 36ers fans you should be happy it is in Adelaide this year, purchase your ticket and enjoy the event, and let any other fan (season ticket holder or not) do exactly the same thing.

Sure I'd love to get a great seat and see the game, BUT if a casual fan was to take my place and have a great night and perhaps even considering to go to regular NBL fixtures I'd be happy to stay home and watch it on FOX to see crowds and fanbase grow!

Reply #96497 | Report this post

Farley Boys Rep  
Years ago

WOW a man with some common sense...

Reply #96498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley Boy Knob,
I understand your muppet reference because I'm sure it would be the most intellectual show that you watch.
I'm a bit scared that that I may have actually agreed with Brad but chill out all the same, the game won't sell out anyway.

Reply #96499 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I think everyone should look at it from a league perspective for a second.
If you were the NBL, who do you think they would want at this game?
Would it be:
a) The season ticket holder, who will pretty much always be at the regular season games, or...
b) Someone who either rarely goes to games or doesn't go at all and is interested in checking the action out, possibly ending up going to games regularly?
As far as lifting the game in the media and in public, as well as bringing in more money for the league, I know who I'd rather have at the game.

Reply #96504 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I agree - open it up to everyone. If it sells out and a few season ticket holders miss out, then hopefully those people will be happy that there was a good turnout.

It's not as though it would sell out in 15 minutes before the regulars got a chance to buy anyway!

Reply #96505 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Why does every single thread have to end yup in a full on argument?

FFS some of you need to grow up and stop looking for a chance to act out your childhood tantrums. The 3 on 3 carnival thread was exactly the same with a statement blown way out of proportion and just a bloody argument.

FFS grow up.

Reply #96512 | Report this post

People don't know what to do with themselves during the off season, Joe M, they come on here and think they are getting their message through to people, when in fact they aren't.

p.s watching the all star game on Fox with Carfino and Casey commentating would be the most painful thing ever (i.e Casey calling every dunk 'the dunk of the year' and Carfino lauding every play by every east coast player)

Reply #96514 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

i agree joe M, all i asked was how much and who gets in 1st! Yogee had to change it into"oh im so hard done bÿ Someone save me"poor man!

Reply #96521 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Grow up Brad.

Reply #96533 | Report this post

Sir Swish  
Years ago

Well well well Farley Boy, thanks for the dickhead and muppet references. Its nice to see that you can put forth a constructive argument of your opinion on a topic which does and will always have 2 sides. It would be nice if you let other people express their point of views without being abused and labelled. I was just expressing my point of view as are you and thats fine if you dont agree with it but there is no need for name calling! However, seeings as you have already abused me I thought I would respond with some of your own childish remarks. It is obvious to me and everyone else on this forum that you are an uneducated wannabe cumm stain of Willie Farleys(we feel for you Willie!!). It is obvious to all of your lack of education when you state you have missed a total of one games.....cumm stain, one is not plural!! A true supporter is someone who guarantees their club funds every year by way of membership, regardless if they are going to go to every game or not, its about supporting the club and giving them guaranteed funds at the start of each season. A true supporter is not someone who scabs free tickets off a relative because they are on the 36ers coaching staff! That just makes you less of a supporter as you should be more aware of just how much the club relies on membership money!! Be a true supporter and get yourself a season ticket!! I have 2 mates in my group of 8 that are going to miss 5-10 games of the season each due to work commitments, yet they still support the club and purchase season tickets, whats your excuse if you have only missed 1 game in 4 years?? Your point number 2 is rather invalid aswell!! I attend every game with a group of 8 mates and we just relocated our seating due to the new membership offers(we got gold cos we aint a pov like you). Now, I think 6 would be much easier to place than 8, yet we still managed to get seating all together. Now, because there are cheap and scabby supporters like yourself the 36ers dont sell every seat by way of membership. Therefore, I think those who have proved there dedication to the club and the league should get 1st preference with the remainder of seating to go on sale to the public the following day. As for interstate fans that want to attend, the All-Star game does move from city to city every year.As a result, and if the league goes with giving every clubs members first preference, they should get themselves a membership ticket, support their club and the league properly and they will get their turn. Alternatively, they can always attempt to buy tickets when the remainder goes on sale to the public. In closing Farley boy, if I wanted some form of come back, I would have wiped it off your chin!!

Reply #96546 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Settle down!

Reply #96552 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Thank you Isaac, this guy was getting a little up-tight.

Reply #96553 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Hopefully Sir Swish has been asked to take a few days holiday after that outburst or until he wishes to post in a productive nature.

Hopefully this crappolla can end once the games start again.

Reply #96556 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

you tool bag sir swish, calm down and relax,and repeat after me, Theres no place like home!!!

Reply #96562 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Perpetuating his behaviour makes you just as bad "the Answer".

Reply #96566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sir swish , i got quite a chuckle out of your response . This forum is clearly a meeting place for sheep .
If a person calls someone else a DICKHEAD or heaven forbid a muppet then i think they should be open to a firm response .

Reply #96609 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

um... shut up all of you?

Why does Boti ALWAYS call Farley Will now? I mean every time!

Reply #96651 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the players refer to him as "Will" so maybe that's just the more familiar term?

Reply #96652 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

ok let me sort this out:

1. Sir Swish is a dickhead muppet

2. Farley Boys Rep is a legend

3. Boti Nag is an idiot

Everyone agree?

Reply #96684 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

boti is not a idiot,if he was he woould not be one of the most sort after junior coaches!

Reply #96710 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

(Mod: You're a tool.)

Reply #96876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

xztatik , is a female . i agree , do you agree stupid . oh ol !! inner dialogue is scaring fembot , fembot must destroy xztatik , xztatik will cease to exist . Xztatik is fembot , me is xztatik . me must take myself out , good night folks .

xwhatever this is how much sense you make to me , everyone agree .

Reply #97023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree full heartedly!

Reply #97112 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:04 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754