Isaac
Years ago

Your NBL Second Team

Most of us here are 36ers fans first, but who do you favour next?

If there was no team in Adelaide, who would you support?

Topic #8643 | Report this topic

Bonz  
Years ago

My second team would be the Wildcats.

I used to love to watch "JC" James Crawford play and probably gained alot of respect for them with the great battles we had with them in the early 90's.

Reply #96751 | Report this post

tony Blair  
Years ago

Melbourne Tigers, Gaze, Bradtke, Copeland, Timmons who could ask for more.

A fan of Gaze on and off the court

Reply #96752 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I liked North Melbourne a lot back in the 90's. Mostly because my brother was a season ticket holder for them and when I was over there I would go to a lot of the games and I also thought D-Mac was awesome.
These days I dont really have one, but I am hoping the Dragons do quite well.

Reply #96753 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Has to be Brissy due to my location and also as they are a club with great history. Used to love watching Leroy and co. battle against our boys in teh 80's

If/when the new franchise starts up on teh coast however Ill be there for sure - they may even battle the Sixers for top spot in my eyes :)

Reply #96756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Second that skip . The teams with Dillon , Fisher , Graham , Carroll , Leader etc , were ultra exciting . Shooters paradise at the glasshouse with the white taped rims and parquetry style floor , memories !

Reply #96757 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I'm with Bonz. JC is the man!
Even though he got sent down on a 3 to 5 stretch.

Reply #96767 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Oooops, my bad. That was Tiny Pinder.

JC TP sort of similar.....

Reply #96771 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I'm with Tony Blair. Gaze a champion, and my old faves were the alley-oops Gaze>Copeland. I think those two, in their prime, would have to go down as the best backcourt duo in NBL history. any arguments?

Reply #96776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't really have a 2nd team, I have always been a 36ers supported (since 1986) and never felt anything for any of the other teams.

I have like players from other teams and have enjoyed watching them, but never had a second team.

Reply #96777 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Pretty much like following ex South Aussies hoping they do well (even against us so long as they're in a losing team) so it varies from season to season.

Reply #96778 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

The Giants of old were awesome! The Twin Boulders with Fish and Dillon, Ray Borner, the Ice Man, Wayne Carrol, those boys were tough and their shorts were even tougher not to rip...damn they were small!
To pick a team now would be tough. I think I might follow the South Dragons a bit this year with a couple of SA boys in it.

Reply #96781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns! Cattalini and Mee what more could you want!

Reply #96782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns and Dragons

Reply #96785 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

Cairns! definately. And now i would have to say ive developed some chemistry for dragons aswell.

Reply #96789 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

I would liken it to AFL. If my team no longer existed I would throw my support behind my local team ABA team, more so than now. My interest in NBL would drop to zero.

I personally could not cheer on a team that I had been jeering for the past 20 plus years.

Reply #96793 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

My 2nd team had been the Tigers of old (Gaze, Copeland etc), and now I would have to say I'm torn between Brisbane and Cairns

Reply #96809 | Report this post

Dragons Fan  
Years ago

It has to be the Dragons doesn't it. I mean they almost have more Adelaide involved people than the Sixers themselves!

Reply #96815 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

To quote Boti "unathletic, unassuming, unstoppable". I'm still hung over on the Gaze thing, so it would be Tigers for me.

Reply #96824 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

How could anyone have the Dragons as a second team?

Hasn't anyone noticed they have Mr S. Heal in the line-up.

Reply #96826 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Cairns would probably be my second team because of Mee & Cat. But they pissed me off in the final seconds of last season.

Reply #96827 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Wollongong. Go to one of their games at the Sandpit and they'll win you over forever. Great venue, parochial fans, and they p*ss Sydney off. What more could you want?

Reply #96856 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

For me its got to be Melbourne and than Dreagons - purely cause they let me see the Sixers more, bring on a third Melbourne team I say :-)

Reply #96864 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

taipans - boodnikoff's a gun

Reply #96869 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Has to be Woolongong, rivals with Sydney and I love C. Groves' game.

Reply #96898 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

my second team would be any team that beats the kings

Reply #97378 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754