Bizzy
Years ago

Singapore TV Deal Signed

It appears that the NBL has come to an agreement with StarHub for the TV rights this season.

The deal will see Philips Championship games broadcast into Singapore on StarHub's SuperSports (StarHub Channel 22) and SuperSports Plus (StarHub Channel 21) channels and is also expected to increase the number of matches broadcast in Australia on Fox Sports.

Maybe they could show them delayed and have Big Wednesday, Thursday etc

Full Article

Will we be able to see this weeks game then?

Topic #8645 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

There has got to be another reason FOX arent showing this game as well tho I would think. As they are not showing any from the weekend either (which are all Australian games).

I hope we can at least see some highlights on the news or something.

Reply #96792 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Fox holding off could be due to Fox 3 starting up as soon as the AFL season is finished - Fox Footy will cease to exist at midnight on the 30th Sept.

Reply #96795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carfino is still away at womens worlds, think this might have something to do with it

Reply #96818 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Surely they could televise 1 game without Mr Magic. I think its poor that the first game of the season and the first Slingers game ever is not going to be aired on FOX.

Reply #96841 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

WHAT! Then people would actually see that they could have such better commentry!!! Carfino wouldnt allow it!

Reply #96845 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Couldn't give a rats arse. Until the NBL puts itself on free-to-air, it won't breakthrough again. Singapore TV? Why won't the NBL talk about FTA TV in Australia instead? Grrrrrr.

Reply #96854 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

"We are also in negotiations with other broadcasters in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Americas and the Middle East, and are confident that Philips Championship games will be seen by a large global audience by season's end."

Seriously. Is anyone in NBL-land living on the same planet as me? I live here and I don't see the game, yet Guam/Mexico/Afghanistan are watching it every week!

Reply #96899 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Apparently the Isle of Man can't get enough NBL.

Reply #97063 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:42 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754