xztatik
Years ago

WHERE'S GEORDIE CULLEN?

All the other good Hunter players seemed to have been picked up by other clubs but i cant seem to find where Geordie Cullen has gone, does anyone know because i wouldn't mind him at the sixers.

Topic #8653 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

and just where at the sixers would you fit him in???

Reply #96942 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

at power forward:

c - n. horvath
pf - g. cullen
sf - majstrovich/copeland/nash
sg - farley
pg - maher

or you could play him at small forward like hunter did last season:

cooper/wheeler
horvath
cullen
farley
maher

Reply #96946 | Report this post

Road Runner  
Years ago

I was wondering that myself, maybe not here but youd think he would be better than some of the other forwards in the league..he had excellent nusiance value, and was a great boardster.

Reply #96948 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

yeah and he had great mobility for someone 6'10"

Reply #96950 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was playing in WA and I think Perth were looking at him. Then I read somewhere that he lost interest or wasn't showing enough commitment to his state league side.

Reply #96951 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Yes,but who do you then cut?

Reply #96959 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

he has never been able to match his club mvp season with hunter 3 years ago so i guess he's really hit the bottom now - he certainly has the talent and body to be a very good player though, hopefully he gets another go.

Reply #96961 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

you can have more than 10 players on a roster cant you?

Reply #96963 | Report this post

John wooden  
Years ago

Given the captains recent comments on Talking Hoops regarding the increase in 'size' of other teams, and the fact that he alluded to the team having plenty of big guard types, I would not be surprised to see Jordan Doddman or another forward play a few games instead of Darren Ng.
Particularly if rebounding becomes an issue.

Reply #97015 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

John Wooden

Dont get too far ahead of yourself. Dodman is a development player at best. He will be a quality NBL player when he gets older, but dont think he could ever knock any of the other guys out of the rotation. Especially not Ng.

Hambour and Gower are far more capable than him at this point -and arent playing at all right now.

Reply #97025 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I remember Gordie tearing us up in a game a while ago. Last year? He had great stats a few times against us. If he's avaliable that would be really suprising to me.

Reply #97062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dodman will dominate at ABL level over the coming yrs. He has a body that no one will stop. At nbl level - different story. Tall MOBILE big men will tear him up.

Dodman will be a dominant ABL big man for yrs to come and so will any team he plays in.

Reply #97065 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

I agree 97065. What would concern me also , would be over exposing him to the NBL, and knocking his confidence around.

Reply #97092 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

like what happened to Paul Rogers and Bradtke when they where given a role as teenagers?

Reply #97208 | Report this post

SOul Glo  
Years ago

He's living in Canberra from what I have heard - and maybe playing some local ball there.

Reply #97696 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I didn't realise he started his career in Canberra, until I watched a game from 2000. He was pretty good then.

Reply #97698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

willy

Reply #97765 | Report this post

mikev  
Years ago

Watched Geordie play tonight, 29 points couple blocked shots, I'd say he had about 8 or more boards, but for a guy playing with a lack of effort for most part, you can see how good he could be. He ended up getting a couple of tech fouls, one for pushing a player in the back and the other for dropping a punch.

I really hope he sticks it out at his state team this season, he's got too much talent, and if he can let the coaches coach him, he'll rise up again and be a better plater.

Mike

Reply #180118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sitting in koondoola realy happy he dosent have to worrie about, wanta be's talking about has beens. get off your computers and go live life. sad people.( watch your name, and your job. tell me so i can talk about you and your life, thats right nobody care's. and leve sports people along, u pay to watch them play sport, no comment on their lives)

Reply #542996 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Hi Geordie. Are you drunk ?

Reply #542998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel dumber after reading that. Or smarter because I actually managed to translate it to English.

Reply #543001 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I give him/her a half a point for using some punctuation.

Reply #543005 | Report this post

Was Geordie googling himself?

Reply #543008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one has ever been 'really happy' in Koondoola... Has to be a troll

Reply #543040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I disagree. Life was good in my day back in Koodoola. Even new all the Cullun family. Shame he can't move on.

Reply #543041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha feel real said for all off you. real do, Geordie

Reply #543787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

let go of what? and koondoola tuff area, so i will not see any off you guys there. yes i was goggling myself for the first time. because i don't live in the past, or sit on my computers bagging other to make my self feel better,ill tell ya ive never been an computer nerd, and I won't, unlike you guys. as the other nerdy guy said. you guys are said ,let it go. hahaha Geordie.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reply #543788 | Report this post

Jade  
Years ago

Hey Geordie.
These people need to sit back and dwell on their own sad lives. Why hate on someone yous dont even know. Geordie is honestly one of the best men i know and ive known him my whole life. He was in his prime playing a world renowned sport, he reached more goals then many can dream of. Geord has done so much more then those commenting in a negative way. He is now a happily retired sportsman turned family man. I say live your own life the way you see fit as long as you're happy.
JRMBHK

Reply #555916 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

This is gold.

Someone starts a thread nearly ten years ago praising professional athlete and wishing he was on their team. Most concur he would be handy, and a couple mention he still plays in state based leagues but doesn't seem too committed.

Said player googles himself ten years later and somehow takes offence.

You couldn't write this stuff.

Reply #555926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is 996 cats for life

Reply #555934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread goes into the Hall of Fame category of most LOL ex-player contributions alongside Cecil Exum.

Reply #555940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my little girl googled me. thanks alot u weirdo's

Reply #562284 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754